X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Pickering
    replied
    Audio issue

I did a test this morning using the new high frame options and recording 3:1, Q0 to a T5 ssd. In each clip the audio ceased recording on the clip after about 15 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this? On the other hand the image quality of the new options looks great and the braw upscales very well to a 4k timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    There is a bug. After the FW update my battery no longer charge in camera using the supplied AC power dapater even though the red charge light is on. Has anyone notice this?

Leave a comment:

• Note Suwanchote
    replied
    This is an awesome update.
    No problem with 2 cams so far.

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    Still no upside down display option. The video assist has this. This would be useful for Ronin S because if you can mount the camera upside down the screen will be at a more center of rotation on the Ronin S.

Leave a comment:

• Asyndeton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale View Post
    So, my immediate experience with the update isn't the best...

Autofocus worked and seemed to be improved (quicker, less hunting), then all of a sudden it stopped working. No type of touch screen holding could get it to even engage. Had to turn it off and on again.

Within the menus I can't change my framerate. It's greyed out. I have to do it in live view by pressing the frame rate in the top left and using the slider (I've tried toggling the off speed button, which doesn't show a difference).

I can also only get 120fps in BRAW.

I was under the impression Kristian said in the official forums that prores HD 120fps was now downscaled from the 2.6k image, but I can only do 60fps Prores HD.

Should I roll it back and try updating again?

Update: Ignore my FPS issues - they were user error. I always forget that the sensor window option needs to be changed! You can get 2.6k window 120 in HD using prores! Autofocus issue still stands, and I also lost my luts and presets, which happens every update, right?
    I don't have an autofocus capable lense to test, but yes LUTs do get wiped after updating. I forgot that once again, I usually leave an SD card in with my LUTs to easily reimport.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    So, my immediate experience with the update isn't the best...

Autofocus worked and seemed to be improved (quicker, less hunting), then all of a sudden it stopped working. No type of touch screen holding could get it to even engage. Had to turn it off and on again.

Within the menus I can't change my framerate. It's greyed out. I have to do it in live view by pressing the frame rate in the top left and using the slider (I've tried toggling the off speed button, which doesn't show a difference).

I can also only get 120fps in BRAW.

I was under the impression Kristian said in the official forums that prores HD 120fps was now downscaled from the 2.6k image, but I can only do 60fps Prores HD.

Should I roll it back and try updating again?

Update: Ignore my FPS issues - they were user error. I always forget that the sensor window option needs to be changed! You can get 2.6k window 120 in HD using prores! Autofocus issue still stands, and I also lost my luts and presets, which happens every update, right?
    Last edited by Dale; 10-24-2019, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Light&Color
    replied
    The install-process took quite some time, I used a usb-c to usb-c cable, because none of my regular usb to usb-c cables were supported on neither usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 port.
    Really great new featues.

Leave a comment:

• pharpsied
    replied
    Already updated and shot some 2.8K Anamorphic... Don't exactly like the desqueezed preview just because I'm used to seeing it 4:3, but loving having it anyway.
    New focus check is fire! My fingers are big so pinch zoom works great but zooming out, not so much... But I never did mind about the little things.
    Last edited by pharpsied; 10-24-2019, 07:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EYu
    replied
    Since the firmware provides support for the battery grip now, will the battery grip be finally available?

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    How is the improved auto focus?

Leave a comment:

• Ryanite
    replied
    Originally posted by twelvetwelves View Post
    What does this feature mean?

" adding support for pinch to zoom up to 8x magnification."

Really don't get it
    Sounds like they increased the 2x focus check to 8x and enabled a pinch to zoom gesture like on a phone?

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    No time to update my camera as I'm at work.
    Kristian, if you can do 75fps at 4k 2.4.1 and 120fps at 2.6k can we have 150fps at 1080p?

Leave a comment:

• twelvetwelves
    replied
    What does this feature mean?

" adding support for pinch to zoom up to 8x magnification."

Really don't get it

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Lam
    replied
    It's exactly that. USB PTP is what a lot of these gimbals use to talk to cameras so by enabling that, manufacturers can now add support to control the camera.

Leave a comment:

• redshift
    started a topic Firmware v6.6 is out!

Firmware v6.6 is out!

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

Anyone know what the USB PTP thing is all about?

I remember them mentioning adding gimbal support. I wonder if it has to do with that?
Working...
X