Firmware v6.6 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogmag View Post
    My Pocket 4K stopped showing battery percentage after v6.6 was installed. I'm using original Canon LP-E6N batteries. I can switch to voltage status view but the percentage view is just blank.
    Same for me but I've never used the percentage view since it's inaccurate anyway.
    Darren Hartman
    Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Doesn't look like my batteries are bricked though. They work normally in a Video Assist.

Comment

Different batteries show voltage and level bar other batteries show voltage and percentage. Depends on the battery. I just threw a bunch of different batteries In and thatís what I have always experienced.

Comment

I know. What I'm saying is that batteries that used to be able to show percentage no longer do so with the new firmware.

Comment

I know. What I'm saying is that batteries that used to be able to show percentage no longer do so with the new firmware.
            Have you ever had a stuck battery and yanked it out by force?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Lam View Post
              If the red charge light comes on when using the AC power adapter with a not fully charge battery you know the battery detect lever has not broken off.
              The percentage display for battery is not relevent for this anyway and will still show regardless if the battery detect switch is broken or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Lam View Post
                I did have a stuck battery a while back. Also now noticed that the charge light isn't working. Just as the camera turned one year old and I guess is out of warranty... I think it's two years here in the EU though. Will have to check.

Comment

Doesn't look like my batteries are bricked though. They work normally in a Video Assist.
                  So are they wonky in the camera, but Ok in the video assist, or are they good in both after the update?

Comment

Is there a way to turn off the desqueeze preview when shooting in 2.6k anamorphic? can't find it - but read somewhere that it is possible in the monitor section..
                    And what ist the "calibrate motion sensor" function?
                    GR…GORY

Comment

Originally posted by twelvetwelves View Post
                      Is there a way to turn off the desqueeze preview when shooting in 2.6k anamorphic? can't find it - but read somewhere that it is possible in the monitor section..
                      And what ist the "calibrate motion sensor" function?
                      The option is under Monitor > Both, but is only toggle-able as a 1.33x desqueeze in 16:9 and 17:9 aspect ratios. In 2.8k Anamorphic a 2x squeeze is applied and the toggle will be visible but greyed out.

Calibrate Motion Sensor calibrates the horizon meter, one of the options for a centre point under the grid options. More info on pp. 40-41 in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by RAWlover View Post
                        So are they wonky in the camera, but Ok in the video assist, or are they good in both after the update?
                        They work fine in both. It's just the Pocket that doesn't show percentage any more. Since it apparently isn't working because of a broken battery detection sensor I thought it might also affect in-camera charging, but it doesn't.

Comment

A broken battery detection switch does not stop the camera from showing the battery percentage if the battery is capable of doing so such as Canon OEM battery. If it no longer show the percentage and you have the same battery in the camera when you updated to FW 6.6 then it is likely the update has caused this.

Comment

It could also be that the OS was updated to only show the battery percentage if it actually detects a battery. I base that on the fact that battery percentage works fine (for the same batteries) in a Video Assist.

Comment

You can roll back to the previous FW and confirm it is not the OS?

Comment

Have been noticing my BM batteries running out a lot faster. Not sure if its the new firmware or degrading batteries themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X