This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition - "BMD Buyers Matter"

How on earth do we even go about starting such a thing ? I know there are online petitions. Is it worth starting this? Are we a united voice, or casual forum readers? If we are not prepared to stand up to this then do we have the right to complain?

Remember, all it takes for cameras failing to be acceptable, is for good camera operators to do nothing.

What say YOU ?

(said as I chant "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!")
    Last edited by M&M's; 09-25-2019, 02:33 AM.

Or how about the

"My camera failed too" movement

Comment

serious about this folks, are we going to take this or not?

Rise up as a group and protect each other.

It's time this nonsense stopped. If we invest in thier product we should be able to do so with confidence not trepidation.

I'm mad as hell, I am not going to take this anymore.

Comment

BMD should do like Apple or Sony and offer a 3 year extended warranty for $300-$500.

But most people donít buy extended warranties. Nearly all cameras, from the UMP to EVA1 to FS7, have a 1 year manufactures warranty. If your equipment breaks outside of the warranty then youíre screwed. Iím not sure what you expect to be done.

Comment

So we're comparing "my warranty is too short" with "police killed my brother" or "my boss raped me"? WOW
          My YouTube channel

Comment

I'm happy to be in. Whatever I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel H View Post
              So we're comparing "my warranty is too short" with "police killed my brother" or "my boss raped me"? WOW
              Talk about WOW !!!

YOU my sir have missed the point by a country mile.

The point is campaigns like that have been very successful. That is the only point. Raise awareness like those other campaigns have....you know the ones that have been very very successful. No one intermated for one microsecond that someone was raped or shot.

Buying a BMD camera CAN be fraught with issues and you are then left out in the cold after 12 months.....to junk a 6K camera. Thats a WOW worthy issue I think.

IDK, maybe my comments and "read between the lines" that I was getting at was lost in translation?

Comment

Ignore him. I'm in

Comment

I'm in
                  Darren Scott
                  Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

I'm in but I'm not sure what kind of traction will this have on existing owners - maybe if it gets somewhere then new owners might have a win. The downside to such a campaign is that it bigs the "camera" a bad name that now if I walked in with a BMD camera, I might not be taken seriously because I have a "junk" product. So a bit of caution in how the campaign is run will be important.

Another option is that we should seriously consider finding a third party extended warranty company that can protect our investment for a fee. I'm going to start researching for one, starting with the one that Howie suggested.

Comment

It's not a bad idea if things are kept in proportion, without any hysteria.... I propose it's a general pettition for $1000+ camcorders though - not just BMD. In as many years I've been into this hobby, I've both had and seen camcorders fail after months or barely a year without any redress from manufacurers, including Canon and Sony. The issue is not isolated to BlackMagic cameras but to almost all brands. Examples being Sony EX3, Sony FX tape drive and more

But be careful not to turn it into a witch hunt!

Comment

This guy was literally waiting to be outraged. lol

Comment

Needlessly hyperbolic, tasteless, and insensitive.

Having said that we all get upset about things and fly off the handle on the internet sometimes. That doesn't make someone evil. Maybe just restate your position in a different way.

Also there hasn't been a spike in cops being convicted of murder or a drop in the number of rapes, so I don't know why someone would call these campaigns a "success". I've seen more mocking of the campaigns than concrete irreversible gains. So just completely wrong on all fronts.

Comment

I think itís quite obvious that Samuel H was just spoofing the ridiculous nature of petitioning against a single company for offering an industry standard one year warranty. Itís not exactly a serious issue. Youíre going to accomplish nothing doing it, and there is no clear solution behind it.

If youíre going to be angry at BMDís one year warranty, then you have to be angry at one year warranties in general. You have to be angry at Panasonic, Sony, Apple, etc...

I paid $34K for a brand new car, and it only had a 30K mile warranty, and that warranty lasted less than two years. Two years for $34K. Suddenly one year for $6K doesnít seem so bad.

The best any company can do is offer an extended warranty for a price. You as a consumer can purchase third party warranties. Also, if youíre using your camera for work, get insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
                              I think it’s quite obvious that Samuel H was just spoofing the ridiculous nature of petitioning against a single company for offering an industry standard one year warranty. It’s not exactly a serious issue. You’re going to accomplish nothing doing it, and there is no clear solution behind it.

If you’re going to be angry at BMD’s one year warranty, then you have to be angry at one year warranties in general. You have to be angry at Panasonic, Sony, Apple, etc...

I paid $34K for a brand new car, and it only had a 30K mile warranty, and that warranty lasted less than two years. Two years for $34K. Suddenly one year for $6K doesn’t seem so bad.

The best any company can do is offer an extended warranty for a price. You as a consumer can purchase third party warranties. Also, if you’re using your camera for work, get insurance.
                              The voice of logic and reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X