No announcement yet.

Tilta Articulating Screen for P4K & P6K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what the lens is in that video? I could make out 10-24 on the side, but not the brand or speed. Would be really sweet on the original pocket, would probably never take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
      Does anyone know what the lens is in that video? I could make out 10-24 on the side, but not the brand or speed. Would be really sweet on the original pocket, would probably never take it off.
      I think thats the recently announced DZOFilm LingLung budget cinema zoom lenses 10-24mm T2.9, also available is the 20-70mm T2.9. I'm not sure if its already available, but it was doing the tech shows circuit.
      Ted Ramasola

www.ramasolaproductions.com

Comment

Not worth voiding the warranty.

Comment

That’s super cool but I’d never buy it since the pocket screen is so bad IMO. I wish it had the same panel as the Ursa 4.6K. Better to spend $300 and attach a Shinobi on top.

Comment

They could do a version of the pockets that costs more and has:

Eletctonic ND
            Tilting screen that you could see in daylight.
            Good autofocus
            Waveforms
            3 hour battery life

Even at $1-2K more they'd hit it out of the park.

And add 50c to get a little better quality control.

Comment

Originally posted by ted ramasola View Post
              I think thats the recently announced DZOFilm LingLung budget cinema zoom lenses 10-24mm T2.9, also available is the 20-70mm T2.9. I'm not sure if its already available, but it was doing the tech shows circuit.
              Thanks, the 20-70 looks really cool. Might be worth starting a lens discussion about these. The matched pair is nice but if it cut well with the 12mm rokinon prime I already have I don't think I'd bother with the wide zoom, a light weight prime is better suited for gimbals and the kind of stuff you shoot wide.

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyDem View Post
                a M2 drive can be installed in the space where the monitor used to be."
                I have a Solid Pod and love it.

I have a 2TB, 1TB and 512 drives in quick change caddies.

CFAST is a bunch of hooey.

They should just put an M2 slot and sell caddies.

CFAST is such a rip off.

If you're gonna sell a $1300 camera put an M2 slot in it.

Comment

I think for this to be viable option there needs to be an authorized facility to do the work and a guarantee that it doesn't void original warranty. Maybe if they just sold finished cameras already modded.

I could probably do it, but I really don't get along well with tiny screws, I bet this uses a bunch of them.

Comment

Is voiding the warranty really that big of a deal? We're not talking about a Learjet here, it's a $1,200 camera you're going to replace soon anyhow. (C'mon, you know you will.)
                    Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
                    Pocketluts Store

Comment

Originally posted by RAWlover View Post
                      I have a Solid Pod and love it.

I have a 2TB, 1TB and 512 drives in quick change caddies.
                      Tell us more about your solid pod and how you use it. Sounds fascinating.

Comment

This mod is cool IMO, and what BM should have done at the start (along with designing with a larger battery).

But its quite a process to do. I think I would attempt it, but it would be a bit of a mission. Heres a video to show what's involved-

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62409810/

Paul
                        Paul Ross Jones

-------------------------
                        www.instagram.com/paulrossjones/

www.paulrossjones.com

Comment

Originally posted by paulrossjones View Post
                          This mod is cool IMO, and what BM should have done at the start (along with designing with a larger battery).

But its quite a process to do. I think I would attempt it, but it would be a bit of a mission. Heres a video to show what's involved-

Paul
                          Agree with everything said here.

This forum should have a like button.

Comment

Originally posted by paulrossjones View Post

Paul
                            Yeah, I was out after the use-a-hairdryer-to-melt-the-glue-around-the-screen part.

I'd pay someone $150 to do the mod, if they guaranteed the work, but otherwise, no.

To say this would void the warranty is the understatement of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by RAWlover View Post
                              Agree with everything said here.

This forum should have a like button.
                              I like that!

Comment

I am going to get this mod for sure. I will get Visual to do mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X