Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.6K, 2.8K Anamorphic, 4K 2.4:1 in Pocket 4K!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.6K, 2.8K Anamorphic, 4K 2.4:1 in Pocket 4K!

Just came across this photo
    Attached Files

Originally posted by yanouche View Post
    Just came across this photo
    That's fantastic! I always wanted 2.8k on the OG UMP4.6k... but this will do.

Is this from IBC?

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnMi View Post
      That's fantastic! I always wanted 2.8k on the OG UMP4.6k... but this will do.

Is this from IBC?

Shawn
      No idea. The picture makes the rounds on facebook. Looks genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by yanouche View Post
        No idea. The picture makes the rounds on facebook. Looks genuine.
        I'm sure it's legit - just wondering if anyone on the forum is at the show and has seen this.

Shawn

Comment

Let´s see if they release the new firmware until the end of september. they said in their presentation that it is only a couple of weeks away, so the final tweeking must be taking place right now.

Comment

Yay, I assume the 2.6k is the super16 crop. Pretty awesome. That means post cropping for standard 16 lenses will still be above 2k, right on. New life for old zoom ha ha.

Comment

Do we know how high the hfr goes with the 2.6K crop? Should be around 90fps.
              Álex Montoya on IMDB
              https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Comment

Just curious. Will this be available on the 6K or are there going to be 4K BRAW on the 6K?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                  Just curious. Will this be available on the 6K or are there going to be 4K BRAW on the 6K?
                  I thought those shooting formats shipped on the 6K? Could be incredibly wrong and just misunderstood the initial announcement, haven't been following much lately.

But incredibly excited for these new formats, new life for my Meteor 5-1.
                  Darren Hartman
                  Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

The Pocket 6K already has a 2.8 window and Anamorphic Support. This FW (6.6) is just for the Pocket 4K camera.
                    Cheers

Comment

I also saw a photo that the new firmware also has custom frame-guides which I didn’t know about.
                      Darren Hartman

Comment

Originally posted by Asyndeton View Post
                        I also saw a photo that the new firmware also has custom frame-guides which I didn’t know about.
                        That would be nice for creating custom crop guides for shooting standard 16 lenses in the super16 window.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                          That would be nice for creating custom crop guides for shooting standard 16 lenses in the super16 window.
                          Looks like they also added a 2.6K window sensor that can do 120FPS as well. Just keeps getting better.
                          Darren Hartman

Comment

Something Wonderful is about to happen Dave... . The new FW 6.6 is looking better all the time !
                            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Asyndeton View Post
                              Looks like they also added a 2.6K window sensor that can do 120FPS as well. Just keeps getting better.

Hmmm, 120fps in 2.8k sounds really strange.
                              Álex Montoya on IMDB
                              https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Comment