Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.6K, 2.8K Anamorphic, 4K 2.4:1 in Pocket 4K!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taikonaut
    replied
    Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
    They always promoted the 6k as a lateral move rather than upgrade. There will always be some that think they have to have just because it is 6k. Many are selling the 4k for 6k primarily because they use EF glass, and that is the market it was made for.
    EFS rather than EF glass would be the logical reason to buy BMPCC6K. Not everyone will be a fan but Metabones SB particularly the Cine version made a huge different for my EF lenses that it no longer wobbles. Can you imagine investing huge amount of money on high quality tripod, fluid head, camera rigs and focusing gears only to be completely undone by the EF mount that has no secure locking. 6k would be a reason to convert if their computer and storage space can handle it. I already hear owners of BMPCC6K complain that it does not have a 4k BRaw option so clearly they have not thought it through when they made their purchase.

Leave a comment:

• dop16mm
    replied
    Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Firmware 6.6 is out.
    The BMPCC6K is now much more a sideway than an upgrade to the BMPCC4K. 75fps at 4k 2.4.1 I was'nt expecting that
    They always promoted the 6k as a lateral move rather than upgrade. There will always be some that think they have to have just because it is 6k. Many are selling the 4k for 6k primarily because they use EF glass, and that is the market it was made for.

Leave a comment:

• Light&Color
    replied
    Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Firmware 6.6 is out.
    The BMPCC6K is now much more a sideway than an upgrade to the BMPCC4K. 75fps at 4k 2.4.1 I was'nt expecting that
    Great, a lot of what I record is 2,35:1 or even 2,4:1, so this will be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    Firmware 6.6 is out.

Leave a comment:

• Fauxto
    replied
    They said it would take 1-2 months, right?

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    Considering it was available for preview at IBC over a month ago I don't know what the delay is? If you delay something long enough it become less of a surprise when it eventually comes out unless there is some new features they are working on. I'm hoping 150 fps at 1080p for both Pocket 4k and 6k.

Leave a comment:

• dop16mm
    replied
    Originally posted by core_50 View Post
    It seems to me that no cameras will be shown there(

However, on 22-24 oct there will be something too:

Come and see us at SMPTE 2019 in Los Angeles! Join us at the Westin
    Bonaventure Downtown Hotel, Booth 8, October 22nd to 24th
    for demonstrations of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, HyperDeck
    Extreme 8K HDR, DaVinci Resolve 16, and more.

There is no point of demonstrating URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, unless there is something new happened to it, and basically there shouldn't be a camera update demonstration without mentioning pocket 4K firmware too, that is first in queue
    I wouldn't say it's pointless to demo their current top tier professional model at an event for professional users. They don't own the market yet.

Leave a comment:

• core_50
    replied
    Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
    So, it's the new firmware due today?
    It seems to me that no cameras will be shown there(

However, on 22-24 oct there will be something too:

Come and see us at SMPTE 2019 in Los Angeles! Join us at the Westin
    Bonaventure Downtown Hotel, Booth 8, October 22nd to 24th
    for demonstrations of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, HyperDeck
    Extreme 8K HDR, DaVinci Resolve 16, and more.

There is no point of demonstrating URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, unless there is something new happened to it, and basically there shouldn't be a camera update demonstration without mentioning pocket 4K firmware too, that is first in queue

Leave a comment:

• Fauxto
    replied
    BM got silent. Anyone heard any news on this update?
    There will be a "NAB New York" event at 16-17oct. hope BM introduce the new firmware there.
    So, it's the new firmware due today?

Leave a comment:

• dop16mm
    replied
    I'd be happy if they just shipped the cameras. The 6k is available pretty much everywhere for immediate delivery, but most dealers can't even say when the next shipment of 4k will be in. And no I don't have a pre order, that would drive me more crazy than watching stock alerts.

Leave a comment:

• Light&Color
    replied
    There will be a "NAB New York" event at 16-17oct. hope BM introduce the new firmware there.
    Thatd be awesome.
    Im really looking forward to this. Maybe they surprise us with other new features.

Leave a comment:

• core_50
    replied
    Last edited by core_50; 10-11-2019, 03:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Smith
    replied
    I agree, having a 2.6K option downscaled to HD is very nice, especially getting faster frame rates in addition.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Light&Color
    replied
    Im totally fine with 4K remaining the maximum of 60fps, but having the 120 fps mode with a higher resolution than regular 1080p would be awesome.
    Sure, its usable if you record it in a smart way, but you still have a softer image, compared to the rest of the modes. Downscaling 2.6k to HD could improve that a lot.
    So Im really looking forward to the new modes that come with the new firmware.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Smith
    replied
    M

Not likely, you can get faster frame rates in a window mode, because the sensor readout time increases, as the sensor area being used is reduced. So in the 2.6K window, yiu get fastermfrsme rates and less rolling shutter artifacts. However, this does not effect the sensor readout time in full gate 4K or UHD window modes, so no changes in max frame rates there.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X