Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.6K, 2.8K Anamorphic, 4K 2.4:1 in Pocket 4K!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    BTW, if they can do 120fps with BRAW in 2,8K, does that mean:

    - that they can get more than 60fps in 4K?
    - That rolling shutter will be diminished?
    Álex Montoya on IMDB
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

    Comment


    • #32
      M

      Not likely, you can get faster frame rates in a window mode, because the sensor readout time increases, as the sensor area being used is reduced. So in the 2.6K window, yiu get fastermfrsme rates and less rolling shutter artifacts. However, this does not effect the sensor readout time in full gate 4K or UHD window modes, so no changes in max frame rates there.
      Cheers

      Comment


      • #33
        I´m totally fine with 4K remaining the maximum of 60fps, but having the 120 fps mode with a higher resolution than regular 1080p would be awesome.
        Sure, it´s usable if you record it in a smart way, but you still have a softer image, compared to the rest of the modes. Downscaling 2.6k to HD could improve that a lot.
        So I´m really looking forward to the new modes that come with the new firmware.

        Comment


        • #34
          I agree, having a 2.6K option downscaled to HD is very nice, especially getting faster frame rates in addition.
          Cheers

          Comment


          • #35
            BM got silent. Anyone heard any news on this update?
            There will be a "NAB New York" event at 16-17oct. hope BM introduce the new firmware there.
            Last edited by core_50; 10-11-2019, 03:53 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by core_50 View Post
              BM got silent. Anyone heard any news on this update?
              There will be a "NAB New York" event at 16-17oct. hope BM introduce the new firmware there.
              That´d be awesome.
              I´m really looking forward to this. Maybe they surprise us with other new features.

              Comment


              • #37
                I'd be happy if they just shipped the cameras. The 6k is available pretty much everywhere for immediate delivery, but most dealers can't even say when the next shipment of 4k will be in. And no I don't have a pre order, that would drive me more crazy than watching stock alerts.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by core_50 View Post
                  BM got silent. Anyone heard any news on this update?
                  There will be a "NAB New York" event at 16-17oct. hope BM introduce the new firmware there.
                  So, it's the new firmware due today?
                  Álex Montoya on IMDB
                  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
                    So, it's the new firmware due today?
                    It seems to me that no cameras will be shown there(

                    However, on 22-24 oct there will be something too:

                    Come and see us at SMPTE 2019 in Los Angeles! Join us at the Westin
                    Bonaventure Downtown Hotel, Booth 8, October 22nd to 24th
                    for demonstrations of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, HyperDeck
                    Extreme 8K HDR, DaVinci Resolve 16, and more.


                    There is no point of demonstrating URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, unless there is something new happened to it, and basically there shouldn't be a camera update demonstration without mentioning pocket 4K firmware too, that is first in queue

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by core_50 View Post
                      It seems to me that no cameras will be shown there(

                      However, on 22-24 oct there will be something too:

                      Come and see us at SMPTE 2019 in Los Angeles! Join us at the Westin
                      Bonaventure Downtown Hotel, Booth 8, October 22nd to 24th
                      for demonstrations of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, HyperDeck
                      Extreme 8K HDR, DaVinci Resolve 16, and more.


                      There is no point of demonstrating URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, unless there is something new happened to it, and basically there shouldn't be a camera update demonstration without mentioning pocket 4K firmware too, that is first in queue
                      I wouldn't say it's pointless to demo their current top tier professional model at an event for professional users. They don't own the market yet.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Considering it was available for preview at IBC over a month ago I don't know what the delay is? If you delay something long enough it become less of a surprise when it eventually comes out unless there is some new features they are working on. I'm hoping 150 fps at 1080p for both Pocket 4k and 6k.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          They said it would take 1-2 months, right?
                          Álex Montoya on IMDB
                          https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Firmware 6.6 is out.
                            The BMPCC6K is now much more a sideway than an upgrade to the BMPCC4K. 75fps at 4k 2.4.1 I was'nt expecting that

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                              Firmware 6.6 is out.
                              The BMPCC6K is now much more a sideway than an upgrade to the BMPCC4K. 75fps at 4k 2.4.1 I was'nt expecting that
                              Great, a lot of what I record is 2,35:1 or even 2,4:1, so this will be useful.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                                Firmware 6.6 is out.
                                The BMPCC6K is now much more a sideway than an upgrade to the BMPCC4K. 75fps at 4k 2.4.1 I was'nt expecting that
                                They always promoted the 6k as a lateral move rather than upgrade. There will always be some that think they have to have just because it is 6k. Many are selling the 4k for 6k primarily because they use EF glass, and that is the market it was made for.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X