Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.6K, 2.8K Anamorphic, 4K 2.4:1 in Pocket 4K!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed: that sounds like p6k spec, not p4k
    My YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Asyndeton View Post
      I also saw a photo that the new firmware also has custom frame-guides which I didn’t know about.
      That'd be really, really cool.
      Álex Montoya on IMDB
      https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
        Hmmm, 120fps in 2.8k sounds really strange.
        For the 2.6K S16mm sensor crop, not 2.8K anamorphic. BRAW only at the moment. Makes sense that they're able to do more with their own codec to me, people speculated early on if BRAW would allow them to do higher frame rates at different resolutions.

Just relaying what people on Facebook are posting from IBC.

71014832_10162459321645515_2653087580337209344_o.jpg
        Darren Hartman
        Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Oh, nice! I mean: it's a bigger area and higher res than the previous 1920x1080!!!
          My YouTube channel

Comment

Than that's pretty big. 120fps in a resulution that scales back well to 2K is very, very nice to have.

Any info as to when it will be avaliable?
            Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

Would be coming soon, since it was demoed at IBC...

Comment

There's also Calibrate Motion Sensor option. Is that some gyroscope metadata thing written in braw files?

70315514_3602670266425200_238855500836372480_o.jpg

Comment

I believe it's some kind of levelling tool coming up while recording.
                  Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

I wouldn't call that "motion sensor", to me this sounds like an accelerometer indeed. INTRIGUING.

I mean, on-screen level would be NICE but accelerometer data saved for post work will be HUGE... for whoever know what to do with this data, which is not me XD
                    (Then again, having a Resolve stabilizer that uses this data should be straightforward for BM and I know how to tick a box...)
                    My YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel H View Post
                      I wouldn't call that "motion sensor", to me this sounds like an accelerometer indeed. INTRIGUING.

I mean, on-screen level would be NICE but accelerometer data saved for post work will be HUGE... for whoever know what to do with this data, which is not me XD
                      (Then again, having a Resolve stabilizer that uses this data should be straightforward for BM and I know how to tick a box...)
                      There was a french company that kickstarted an add-on for any camera that recorded the metadata to an audio track. it never really took off. One of the challenges is that unlike optical IS, you have to control for motion blur.

For this upgrade to be possible, the hardware would have to have been waiting in the camera all this time...I can't recall anyone from BMD or elsewhere mentioning it...but fingers crossed.
                      Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
                      Pocketluts Store

Comment

Maybe the hardware was there... and they will provide the software application with Resolve.
                        Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
                          Than that's pretty big. 120fps in a resulution that scales back well to 2K is very, very nice to have.

Any info as to when it will be avaliable?
                          Someone at IBC said it could be 'as early as next week.' I don't know if a BMD rep told them that. But that falls in line with the last press conference that Grant said it would be end of Sept or sometime October.
                          Darren Hartman
                          Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Originally posted by Asyndeton View Post
                            Someone at IBC said it could be 'as early as next week.' I don't know if a BMD rep told them that. But that falls in line with the last press conference that Grant said it would be end of Sept or sometime October.
                            Nice
                            Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

If 2.6k can do 120 fps then 1080 HD can go a lot higher maybe 150 fps?
                              I don't know the maths this early in the morning but wiith Metabones 0.64XL I can imagine this would look a pretty decent crop.
                              Last edited by Taikonaut; 09-19-2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                                If 2.6k can do 120 fps then 1080 HD can go a lot higher maybe 150 fps?
                                I don't know the maths this early in the morning but wiith Metabones 0.64XL I can imagine this would look a pretty decent crop.
                                Hmm, the plot thickens again! What a very interesting time in camera history this is. We are so so lucky to have BMD. Well they are Australian so I suppose it's expected ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X