BRaw recordung on Video Assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRaw recordung on Video Assist

Can this new Video Assist support BRaw recording for the original Ursa Mini 4.6k?

I think in theory yes, because the camera is able to stream out RAW on the main SDI for the BMD SSD recorder.

But I still hope we get a firmware update instead.

Comment

I´ve heard that you might be able to record BRAW with a C200 and Sony and other cameras, too.

I am not 100% sure how good it is, Because I thought braw is doing some debayering on/on the sensor.
      Whatever. BM also released a free braw plugin for premiere and avid.

Comment

Originally posted by S_Berger View Post
        I´ve heard that you might be able to record BRAW with a C200 and Sony and other cameras, too.

I am not 100% sure how good it is, Because I thought braw is doing some debayering on/on the sensor.
        Whatever. BM also released a free braw plugin for premiere and avid.
        Grant Petty said they were doing some sort of sensor-profiling to achieve this on non BMD Cameras.

Comment

This ^ can't see which sensors are listed yet but obviously in the video at IBC he was capturing BRAW onto a Video Assist from an EVA1 which was pretty wild.

Comment

And Canon C300 ii

Originally posted by Ed Mantle View Post
            This ^ can't see which sensors are listed yet but obviously in the video at IBC he was capturing BRAW onto a Video Assist from an EVA1 which was pretty wild.

Comment

I think if you are an original UM4.6k owner the ability to record to SSD via USB-C from the new Assist will be appealing. More so if it let you record BRaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Light&Color View Post
                Grant Petty said they were doing some sort of sensor-profiling to achieve this on non BMD Cameras.

What is sensor profiling, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
                  What is sensor profiling, anyone?
                  It's the "partial-debayer" step...

Basically they have to know what sensor they're expecting....

JB

Comment

Depending on the amount of work that goes into this process, I´m keeping my hopes up for BRAW on the BMCC 2.5k

Comment

I would like to see the new video assist take in the raw from the bmmsc. In addition if there is not enough processing power in the bmcc, bmpcc, and bmmcc I would like to see a fw update to output just plain raw and be able to record on the new video assist.
                      On skin tones- "Give me mud and I will make the skin of Venus out of it, if you allow me to surround it as I please", Eugéne Delacroix

Comment

Unless the camera can output RAW, which is not the same as LOG, it’s not going to be able to.

JB

Comment

Ursa Mini Broadcast finally gets BRaw so I hope UM4.6k might get it next.
                          UM4.6k can output RAW from SDI but you would have expect Grant to have demo that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                            It's the "partial-debayer" step...

Basically they have to know what sensor they're expecting....

JB

It sounds simple enough,I think. I doubt thw ill only allow these teo cameras the ability to do braw. there are various cameras that ouput sdi 4kraw

Comment

I hope they include the sony fs700. mine has the 4k uprade and outputs sdi raw. Then my trusty fs700 can live forever.

Starmanric

Comment

Working...
                              X