No announcement yet.

BRaw recordung on Video Assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These new monitors 8 bit frc?I cant find any info about this.
    My Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

Comment

While you can still buy the remaining Ursa Mini SSD recorders that are still in stock at retailers, Blackmagic has stopped making these for awhile. For people who own the original Minis, UMPro and Broadcast which is still current, the new Video Assist might be the only official means to record to SSD. I'll be damn if these BMD cameras cant record BRaw that way when other manufacturers cameras can do it.

Comment

Duuuuude. I have both the original 4.6k ursa and the p4k. I LOVE Braw because it's so much easier to use, but really enjoy using my 4.6k more (it also looks better in front of clients). If it's possible to get this and get Braw out of my Ursa 4.6k I couldn't pull my wallet out fast enough.
        Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

I would think if the 4.6 can't be made to record braw internally, it shouldn't be hard to allow on this, they already have that sensor profiled.

Comment

BMD had already confirmed awhile back that the UM4.6k sensor profiling for BRaw has been completed since it share the same sensor as the UMPro. Since RAW can already output from SDI on UM4.6k in FW ver 4.7 released in December 2017 for the add-on SSD module it should only be a matter of confirmation the new Video Assist can record BRaw from the UM4.6k.
            Why is nobody at BMD say anything about this?

Comment

Interesting idea, but you would still a UM 4.6 specific BRaw codec in the new VA. So BMD would still need to implement this. Not sure how much processing was done in the BMD SSD Drive unit for the UM 4.6.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
                Interesting idea, but you would still a UM 4.6 specific BRaw codec in the new VA. So BMD would still need to implement this. Not sure how much processing was done in the BMD SSD Drive unit for the UM 4.6.
                Cheers
                What sensor does the ursa 4.6 have?

Starman

Comment

The ursa mini 4.6k is the same sensor as UMpro G1, and presumably much the same internal processing, which is a big part of the frustration that it has never received a Braw update. I can understand the UM 4k not getting it as it is a different sensor.

Comment

UM4.6k sensor profiling for BRaw is already done over a year ago. It is just a case of adding that on the new VA for it to record BRaw. Seems BMD is more interested in prioritising none BMD cameras to record BRaw from their VA than their own cameras in their rivaly with Atomos/Apple's Prores Raw. None BMD camera owners who can already use Prores Raw or their own compressed Raw could'nt give a fig about BRaw at least not as much as Blackmagic owners.

BMD should look after its own customers first!

Comment

This interview at IBC 3 mins 55s Stuart the BMD rep have made it clear Blackmagic cameras can record BRaw on the new Video Assist. We don't know which Blackmagic camera will be able to do this

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                        BMD should look after its own customers first!
                        Uh huh.
                        That's why you have to take a battery off to get your BM camera to power down.
                        And everyone complains about BM quality.
                        It's because BM cares about their own customers first.
                        I would love to see a BM camera introduced that has as few QA issues as the ones introduced by the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by RAWlover View Post
                          Uh huh.
                          That's why you have to take a battery off to get your BM camera to power down.
                          And everyone complains about BM quality.
                          It's because BM cares about their own customers first.
                          I would love to see a BM camera introduced that has as few QA issues as the ones introduced by the majors.
                          I wish you quote my post in its entiriety rather than pick a phrase and move it out of context to serve your own agenda.
                          What I'm saying is BMD instead of devoting its time prioritising other manufacturere's camera, profiling their sensors, rather than making sure their new VA support BRaw recording for their own cameras bought by their customers.
                          If you want to start something off topic about QC feel free to create a new thread and I would be happy to chime in.

Comment

A solid upgrade for the brightness and color
                            www.lightformfilm.com
                            https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
                              A solid upgrade for the brightness and color
                              Better Batteries, Scopes-Options and USB-C Recording is great as well. I still like my old 5" Video Assist, but Blackmagic wasn´t as kind with Updates for this Model.
                              The new 7" Version offers a lot of great functions, while I think the new 5" Version is a bit too expensive in comparison.

Comment

Yes, for only $200 difference, the 7-inch is a better buy. But the 5-inch fits the bill where smaller is better.
                                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X