Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO TRIGGER RECORD START/STOP ON A ZOOM F4 FROM an UMP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO TRIGGER RECORD START/STOP ON A ZOOM F4 FROM an UMP ?

Hello Everyone , Good Morning to All . As a " One Man Crew " .. I want to Trigger RECORD START/STOP on my Audio Recorder ZOOM F4 from my Ursa Mini Pro .. The F4 has the capability to start Recording when receiving an External TimeCode . The " Big " Ursa has a TimeCode OUT Bnc Connector , and it works .. But the Mini Pro does not have an OUT TimeCode Connector .. only a TimeCode IN .. So does anyone know whether it's possible to Extract an OUT TimeCode Information from the SDI FLOW with the " SDI Arduino Shield " , or is there another Solution ?
    I Thought of opening the F4 to get the Contacts on the Record switch and make a Remote Control Connector ( and use a Lanc Remote to start recording on both the Camera and the Audio Recorder at the same time ... ) ... but well it's a bit problematic .. There would be another solution with a mechanical frame attached to the Zoom and two SolenoÓds or RC Servos to Push the buttons on the F4 ..... But not an elegant nor practical solution , and there would be some Delay , it would be a " Prehistorical Solution " .....
    Thanks for your reply , with my Best Regards from France ..

Mike ..

The Ursa Pro has TC embedded in its video output. Perhaps you could use a breakout box to split the TC and Video signal, to feed the TC input on the Zoom F4.

Comment

EXTRACTION of EMBEDDED TIMECODE ..

Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
      The Ursa Pro has TC embedded in its video output. Perhaps you could use a breakout box to split the TC and Video signal, to feed the TC input on the Zoom F4.
      OK Denny , Thanks for your Reply and Confirmation . Now , on the Technical Side , I feel it will be " Une autre paire de manches " , as we say in French , I would translate by " Another ( difficult ) Thing " .. I feel there will be some BrainStorming soon .. maybe a nice project for this winter .. The drawback of using External Timecode on the F4 is that it's then impossible to use the 6 seconds preroll option ..

Anyway , thank you , have a nice Day .

With my Best Regards from France / Mike ..

Comment

Working...
      X