Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I won't be ordering the Blackmagic Pocket 6K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j_walk83 View Post
    EF mount is lame. why not keep it m4/3 or even the EOS R? Just limits the possibilities of using different lenses.
    He stated it in the video... "because EF was most requested." Or something like that. If you really want m43 get the 4k.

My very early opinion is they both seem like nice cameras. Pick the one that works for you, but be sure to let them know what your "dream camera" is. Looks like they respond to feed back.

Sorry, I'm just happy we are seeing native EF s35 high resolution cameras drifting down into the affordable range. Canon should have done something in a prosumer package with 4k and DPAF at close to this price. Shame on them.

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
      Well, the app is only available for Mac OS. I'm on a Windows system as well as many others. I'm confident that I have the hardware to handle it but it's good to run and see what the benchmark is with the app. When is the Windows version coming out?
      Probably never. Windows folks can just upgrade the processor, toss in some more RAM, toss in an m.2 drive, toss in a graphics card, or whatever. System not initially supporting 6k braw isn't a fatal error on MSFT!

Jus' trollin' apple folks!

Comment

EF mount is lame. why not keep it m4/3 or even the EOS R? Just limits the possibilities of using different lenses.
        Not if you already have a number of EF glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnMi View Post
          "Soon"... maybe around the same time as the BRAW player for Windows. I'm not holding my breath. :-)

Shawn
          Blackmagic RAW Player for Windows is in the v6.5 update which you can download now.

Comment

Agreed, would have loved to use my RF glass on this thing. Canon is clearly moving in that direction, Komodo is going to use the RF mount. They could have gone RF and used the EF to RF adapter to still support all the EF glass. A clear over sight here when it looks like canon will be announcing tons of amazing RF glass. Even with those shortcomings, my 6K pocket will arrive on Monday.

Comment

The feature I like most from the Pocket 6k is that it can do 120 fps at 2.8k. I would like that option with the Pocket 4k in future FW update.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Lam View Post
                Blackmagic RAW Player for Windows is in the v6.5 update which you can download now.
                Does it include the Braw test app for Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                  Does it include the Braw test app for Windows?
                  No, that is Mac only for now.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                    They could easily put this sensor in the MFT body. ZCam is planning to make that option available on the super35 model they are coming out with. It would have to be limited to 4k resolutions when using electronic mft lenses, but there are lots of manual lenses that cover super35 as well as all adapted glass. Speed booster would do true full frame. MFT can adapt to EF and PL. I get EF native for those guys but for a cinema camera a universal shallow mount would be much ore useful.

Since I can't afford to get this one right away, I hope they'll see the light and make that option available down the line.
                    I hope zcam will still do a m4/3 mount on the s6. All the blog pages show it but their spec page it is not showing it as an option.

Comment

Isn’t it a bit nuts to have a native m43 Mount on a sensor that isn’t m43 ? I can’t wait for the pages and pages of screaming threads about native m43 lenses not working on the p6k camera.

To have m4/3 simply as an interchange mount isn’t the answer.

Maybe making their own universal mount would be.

I’m disappointed it doesn’t have PL as that’s an option I would use.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                        Isn’t it a bit nuts to have a native m43 Mount on a sensor that isn’t m43 ? I can’t wait for the pages and pages of screaming threads about native m43 lenses not working on the p6k camera.

To have m4/3 simply as an interchange mount isn’t the answer.

I’m disappointed it doesn’t have PL as that’s an option I would use.

JB
                        interchange mount would be better. I have no idea what that would do to the cost or production issues. Just a simplistic solution for many lens options. Having invested in the fujinon zooms. It would have been a great camera to pair them with.

Comment

Its disappointing that the Pocket 6k has no locking EF mount. At least with Metabones SB there is an option for a Cine version that has locking EF.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                            Isnít it a bit nuts to have a native m43 Mount on a sensor that isnít m43 ? I canít wait for the pages and pages of screaming threads about native m43 lenses not working on the p6k camera.

To have m4/3 simply as an interchange mount isnít the answer.

Iím disappointed it doesnít have PL as thatís an option I would use.

JB
                            The lack of PL mount really disappointed me too, as it kills the opportunity to use a pocket 6K as a B Cam or small gimbal cam and share the same lens kit with the A Cam. I'm guessing we're gonna see an Ursa Mini 6k with interchangeable mount sooner than later though, but would still love to see them do a PL mount pocket like they did with the original 4K PC.

Comment

Maybe an mft version could be a special order item? You have to sign a waiver acknowledging the electronic lenses only cover a 4k mft portion, but it is really no different than Sony handles crop sensor zoom lenses on full frame e mount body. E mount was originally only a crop sensor format, but it evolved.

Yes it is a niche market but the Fujinon zooms would be an awesome pairing, most of the Veydras for those that have them will cover as well. And of course adaption to Pl although I'm sure in time a small run of PL cameras would happen.

It's not like they would have to engineer a new platform like when the original cinema camera came out, they already have a fully functional mft body.

Comment

Feature request for both pocket 4k and 6K cameras:

full sensor scaled 4K and 2k Prores 4444

Dunno if the FPGAs have the horsepower, but if they did, I would love Prores4444 as clients like it.

My excitement is rock hard now for an Ursa Mini Pro 6K and an Ursa Mini Pro 8KFF if that is what we may possibly be able to suppose could be coming down the pipeline...

keep everything about the UMP form Factor and built in NDs, interchangeable mounts etc the same - just give us some new sensor flavors. Absolutely loving the 4.6K G2 - one of the most sensible to use cameras in 2019.
                                Dan Kanes
                                www.dankanes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X