Post production & Camera Update?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post production & Camera Update?!?!

Anyone else see this? Facebook live event 8th August, titled Post Production & Camera update?

Dyou think this will be a new camera altogether, or another g2 situation? I kinda wanna see them start another name like Ursa.
    https://vimeo.com/dalesaxton

Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Anyone else see this? Facebook live event 8th August, titled Post Production & Camera update?

D’you think this will be a new camera altogether, or another g2 situation? I kinda wanna see them start another name like Ursa.
    I'm guessing a software update to the cameras.

Comment

Will find out tomorrow. I assume Resolve 16 will be out of beta, usually happens about this time. Would love to see a new mft camera with a G2 class Fairchild sensor, but not holding my breath. Cameras have been launched this time of year before, so anything is possible.

Comment

A BRaw update for original Ursa Mini 4.6k

Got two hopes. Bob Hope and No Hope

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

D’you think this will be a new camera altogether, or another g2 situation? I kinda wanna see them start another name like Ursa.
          Well, not everyone patronize Facebook so no, didn't see whatever this is.

Comment

Maybe SD cards can work on the Pocket and Micro!? Nah, I'm not holding my breath. A new camera would be cool though!

Comment

Im guessing the Final Version of Resolve 16, maybe Braw-Updates and resolve-compatible Keyboards/Controller.
              Another new Camera would be a surprise.

Comment

please be BRAW for FCPX!!!
                Blackmagic Design User Group UK

Comment

I would be pleased with 8k camera. Announce it tomorrow and release year after, that's fine.

Comment

The announcement is on the BMD website also.
                    Cheers

Comment

Be VERY surprised if it's a new camera but I remember saying they wouldn't update the UMP for 2 years when asked in January and look what happened : )
                      Speculation is fun - i'll play:
                      Resolve out of Beta, Braw /cam firmware updates for G2/PCC4K, and maybe (possibly breaking tradition a bit) a long term tease about 8K to go along with their 8K units from NAB.

Comment

I really don't think they're going to announce a new camera, but if they did it will be shipping or close to shipping which is their new MO, P4K early NAB announcement withstanding.
                        Darren Hartman
                        Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

I heard of 15 stops comming to BMPCC 4K but taking this rumour with a pinch of salt.
                          Do you think BMD is able to convert dual ISO into dual gain to push it to 15 stops using BRaw?

Comment

About new cameras being anounced at this time. With the G2 just shipping a few months ago I would be sure there is nothing new of that range. That leaves us with some intresting potential cameras that are anything up to $4000ish or anything from $10k and above. This is what those could be:
                            - the pocket4k as is but in a Micro form
                            - the pocket4k as is but in a UMP body called the UMP4K mark Ii
                            - a new higher end model of the pocket4k with potentially different sensor and/or added features.
                            - an 8K/6K LF camera with very impressive specs that justifies a price tag much above the G2.

I suspect some other cameras might be coming in the S35 6K for example but I don't think any of those would be out before sometime because of the G2. EXCEPT the case they see rhe G2 just as a high frame rate camera and think that's enough to be on its own league. Then they could present a dual ISO 6K s35 with 60fps or less at full sensor, at a G2 similar price, so they give the choice to the userbase.

But it's BM. They might come out with a $1995 Pocket8K with flip screen and internal NDs, Resolve included.

Firmware update wise, plenty of things that could come. From BRAW on older cameras, to new features in BRAW, to pixel binning/skipping modes, anamorphic/S16 modes for the Pocket4k etc.

The only sure thing is the release version of Resolve 16.
                            Last edited by pidulgi; 08-08-2019, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pidulgi View Post
                              - the pocket4k as is but in a Micro form
                              - the pocket4k as is but in a UMP body called the UMP4K mark Ii
                              If there is a new camera then something likes this is a safe bet. Perhaps an UMP4K using the new M4/3 14-15 stop DR Fairchild sensor?

These production & camera update videos did announce the UMP & G2, so it wouldn’t be unprecedented if BM announced a camera today.

Comment

Working...
                              X