FYI: Angelbird got a Promo sale for Ursa Mini & PCC4k media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Angelbird got a Promo sale for Ursa Mini & PCC4k media

Guys, as you might know I got a direct link to Angelbird when I organized a group buy of their media.
    Got a call from Roman, the CEO of Angelbird that they have a great summer sale some of you might be interested in. They have updated their CFast 2.0 cards with increased sustained write speeds of 490 MB/s (up to 498 MB/s). Every match pack unit is 100% tested and Blackmagic certified.

And with every order of a match pack they are throwing in their all new CFast2.0 card reader for free, which got a great review on newsshooters.

Match pack offers:

Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for $399.90 (previously $649)

Match pack for PCC4k with 1 x CFast 2.0 + SSD2GO PKT in RED or GREY (including mounting bracket) for $399.90

Match pack for UMP with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards and 2 x AV PRO SD 128 GB V90
    (couldn't find the $ price for that, sorry)

You can order here, they have international shipping:
    https://www.angelbird.com/category/m...ic-design-210/

Promo Code for the free CFast reader: FreeReaderBlackmagic

Hope that's helpful for some of you guys. :-)
    Last edited by Robert Niessner; 07-30-2019, 04:24 AM.

wow.. such a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Niessner View Post
      Guys, as you might know I got a direct link to Angelbird when I organized a group buy of their media.
      Got a call from Roman, the CEO of Angelbird that they have a great summer sale some of you might be interested in. They have updated their CFast 2.0 cards with increased sustained write speeds of 490 MB/s (up to 498 MB/s). Every match pack unit is 100% tested and Blackmagic certified (although not on current official list - they have the testing protocols from BMD).

And with every order of a match pack they are throwing in their all new CFast2.0 card reader for free, which got a great review on newsshooters.

Match pack offers:

Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for $399.90 (previously $649)

Match pack for PCC4k with 1 x CFast 2.0 + SSD2GO PKT in RED or GREY (including mounting bracket) for $399.90

Match pack for UMP with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards and 2 x AV PRO SD 128 GB V90
      (couldn't find the $ price for that, sorry)

You can order here, they have international shipping:
      https://www.angelbird.com/category/m...ic-design-210/

Promo Code for the free CFast reader: FreeReaderBlackmagic

Hope that's helpful for some of you guys. :-)
      This is a great deal. Do you know when it expires?

Shawn

Comment

Shawn, the deal with the CFast reader for free will last until July, 31st 2019. But the new price for the match packs will stay.

Comment

Shawn, the deal with the CFast reader for free will last until July, 31st 2019. But the new price for the match packs will stay.
          Thanks Robert, that's fantastic. I've been really impressed with the quality of products from Angelbird, so I'm looking forward to purchasing a few of these readers.

Shawn

Comment

Purchased! Was looking for some CFast for the new G2. Thanks again OP!

Comment

Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for 467.88 Euro
              How come its more expensive?

It is an Austrian company, a member of the EU but it charges customers from EU countries way more than they do for US customers especially when you factor in the differences in the euro compare to the dollar.
              Last edited by Taikonaut; 07-24-2019, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for 467.88 Euro
                How come its more expensive?

It is an Austrian company, a member of the EU but it charges customers from EU countries way more than they do for US customers especially when you factor in the differences in the euro compare to the dollar.
                No. You have to look closer. In most EU countries you have to show prices including VAT tax, while in the US prices are without tax.
                So the € 467.88 are with 20% VAT. If you order from outside Austria, you can dial in your VAT ID and get charged without VAT, that means it costs € 389.90
                If you order from within Austria, you have to pay the price with VAT, Angelbird has to report the amount of VAT to the tax office. And if you have an Austrian VAT ID, you can claim the VAT back from the tax office.

Comment

US$399 is equal to euro 359 plus 20% is around euro 430 equals being charged more

Comment

US$399 is equal to euro 359 plus 20% is around euro 430 equals being charged more
                    I've asked my wife who is an auditor and tax consultant: Angelbird probably do bill in US $, because they have to source electronic components from Asian markets and are selling internationally. They can't just use the daily updated exchange rate, they have to factor in a save margin.
                    When I order from Amazon.com for example, they are offering me a 0.95 Euro for 1 $ exchange rate, although the current exchange rate is 1.12 Euro for 1 $.

Comment

I've asked my wife who is an auditor and tax consultant: Angelbird probably do bill in US $, because they have to source electronic components from Asian markets and are selling internationally. They can't just use the daily updated exchange rate, they have to factor in a save margin.
                      When I order from Amazon.com for example, they are offering me a 0.95 Euro for 1 $ exchange rate, although the current exchange rate is 1.12 Euro for 1 $.
                      Is she claiming Angelbird is just an office in a EU country but is really an Asian company? How inconvenient when they pay EU tax using the Euro yet have to trade in US dollar. Yet the above claim is just a guess. Maybe Angelbird should allow payment in US dollar from EU customers but I guess not so therefore EU customers are scammed.

Comment

Is she claiming Angelbird is just an office in a EU country but is really an Asian company? How inconvenient when they pay EU tax using the Euro yet have to trade in US dollar. Yet the above claim is just a guess. Maybe Angelbird should allow payment in US dollar from EU customers but I guess not so therefore EU customers are scammed.
                        I am sorry, but what exactly is your personal problem? Are you pulling a Dunning-Krueger here?

No, Angelbird do have their HQ here in Austria, they do manufacture here in Austria and I can even talk to their CEO on phone, got his number while I organized the group buy here with a steep discount for anyone.
                        Here in Austria they can bill either in Euro or USD, which is a common practice if you do business internationally to avoid exchange rate fluctuations if your main market is billing in USD.
                        I have worked for a company in the 90ies which did the same, because we exported our high end scanner worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                        X