X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They work.

https://www.amazon.com/Integral-Ulti...y&sr=8-1-fkmr2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First - I chose the supplier "CTDUSA" and they arrived in 8-days, not the longer shipping time indicated by Amazon since they are coming from the U.K.

I stress tested them in two different BMPCC's at both 24fps and 30fps in RAW. Shooting normal scenes, not static lens-cap testing.
    NO ERRORS.
    I was able to fill the card with one continuous shot, re-format it, and do it again, all with no dropped frame errors.

The cards don't look particular high-end, there is no serial number or other markings on the back like with legitimate SanDisk Extreme Pro cards, and I have only had them for a few days, so there is no way to speak to the long-term durability. But they definitely work.

Get 'em fast!
    There appears to be only a couple hundred of them left... at the most.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Which size did you test, or did you get both?

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
        Which size did you test, or did you get both?
        Both.
        The 128Gig and the 256Gig.
        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Comment

Cool, I'll probably grab some 128 as backup cards at least

Comment

A few weeks ago I've talked to Angelbird and told them about the problem finding compatible SD cards for the old BMPCC and Videoassist. They said their technicians will look into this and if they can make their cards compatible.

Well, good news!
            Yesterday I got an email that they were successful in modifying the Angelbird SD card firmware (unfortunately you can't upgrade SD cards yourself) to make some of their latest cards fully compatible to the BMPCC and the Videoassist models.
            Because they can do that obviously only with the latest cards they are having in-house, they can guarantee compatibility solely for cards ordered directly from Angelbird.

I was told that AV PRO SD V60/V90 cards with 64 and 128 GB have been tested successfully with the BMPCC and Videoassist HD. For Videoassist 4k you will need the V90 cards.

If you are interested you can go to www.Angelbird.com and order from there. You might contact support@angelbird.com before ordering to make sure you will get the correct ones for you.
            They'll do ship worldwide.

Comment

Cool re Angelbird. Probably better than going with some mystery brand. It would be nice if sandisk would do this, but likely not. I would think you would have to contact support if they have to be firmware modded rather than just ordering blind, unless they do a batch and provide a direct order link.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                Cool re Angelbird. Probably better than going with some mystery brand. It would be nice if sandisk would do this, but likely not. I would think you would have to contact support if they have to be firmware modded rather than just ordering blind, unless they do a batch and provide a direct order link.
                As far as I understood the email, all new cards ordered directly will already be compatible.
                But I will verify that with Angelbird on Monday.

Comment

Great move Robert, way to go.
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Niessner View Post
                    As far as I understood the email, all new cards ordered directly will already be compatible.
                    But I will verify that with Angelbird on Monday.
                    Thanks to all for the great work! I'm sure everyone here greatly appreciate it! Personally, I'd go for the Angelbird cards, as they're probably more solid and more future proof. Will order two 128Gb cards on Monday and test them out as soon as they arrive. Have a little job in September where they'll get their baptism of fire. Might go for a Pocket 6k this time next year, budget permitting, and again, the AngelBird seem to be a better option - although I'm fully aware I will be limited to Prores on the 6k with SDXC cards!

A great example of constructive forum members helping each other out!

Comment

This is fantastic news! I'm down to order some cards once we know for sure even though I pretty much exclusively shoot Prores now.

Comment

Originally posted by SottoTerra View Post
                        Well said! Besides, this is also a problem with the Micro Cinema camera which is still being sold. While I won't speculate if the fix requires simply a few lines of code, BlackMagic should definitely address the issue, particularly for the Micro Cinema camera, as it leaves users without access to it's more desirable and publicised feature.

On second thoughts, maybe the reason no firmware update will be forthcoming is that BlackMagic might have bound themselves to remove CDNG raw from their firmware due to Red trolling them legally, to avoid lengthy and costly court battles. Remember they removed CDNG from ALL their current cameras which still receive regular firmware updates.
                        It seems that RED patent is related to only at least 2K cameras. So BMMCC camera could easy have DNG and BRAW at same time without any problems. Wonder why there are no any firmware updates yet. At least fix for SD cards.

All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

I just wanted to chime in and confirm that the Angelbird V60 cards DO work on the original Pocket according to my quick 5-ish minute test recording in Raw 30fps! I ordered six cards directly from them and they arrived today; Not bad considering it's only been 8 days since I first reached out to their support to confirm compatibility.

I definitely need to do some proper testing when I get the time and will still shoot mostly in ProRes, but knowing that I can shoot RAW with new and available cards is the real key here. Way to go Angelbird!

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
                            I just wanted to chime in and confirm that the Angelbird V60 cards DO work on the original Pocket according to my quick 5-ish minute test recording in Raw 30fps! I ordered six cards directly from them and they arrived today; Not bad considering it's only been 8 days since I first reached out to their support to confirm compatibility.

I definitely need to do some proper testing when I get the time and will still shoot mostly in ProRes, but knowing that I can shoot RAW with new and available cards is the real key here. Way to go Angelbird!
                            Good to know

Comment

There was little doubt the Angelbird cards will work - that company does not play around. But you pay a premium price for it.

The INTEGRAL cards I just got are 1/3 the price, and they have been performing perfectly after at least a dozen full-card recording cycles at both 24p and 30p RAW. So if the price of the Angelbirds isn't something you feel like dealing with, considering their 256gig card may almost cost more than a BMPCC is worth these days, I'd say give the Integrals a try. My links to them are on page 3 of this thread.

I cannot speak to the long-term durability of them, but that's always a hard thing to predict. I've had SanDisk Extreme Pro cards fail on me, so.....

Oh, but get them fast, they are almost sold out forever.

Comment

I purchased the 256gb version of the card Dpstewart posted and O can confirm as well they workin in RAW which is great because now matching the bmpcc and bmpcc4k just got much easier shooting in raw

Comment

Working...
                                X