The P4K REALLY needs a 2560*1440, S16, 90fps capable mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The P4K REALLY needs a 2560*1440, S16, 90fps capable mode

There. I said it almost all on the Subject.

90fps @2.5K would be a great sweet spot in terms of resolution and HFR, and the sensor cut almost fits perfectly the S16 16:9 size and then we could use our old S16 lenses.

It's a big win and shouldn't be that difficult to implement.
    Álex Montoya on IMDB
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Wish they could do it. Do you think they can ? Do you think they will ?

Comment

I guess it's perfectly possible but I don't know if there's like some hidden obstacles.

The thing is the 1080 mode right now is a bit too soft and I dare say almost unusable for film production. That extra 600 pixels wide would mean the world in order to get a good 1080 final image.
      Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

No it only needs a 4:3 anamorphic mode.

Comment

will that be suitable for S16 lenses then ? I've got some real nice ones I'd love to use

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
            It's a big win and shouldn't be that difficult to implement.
            While I agree that it would be cool too have, I always find it fascinating how people without any inner knowledge of the device come the conclusion that a feature 'shouldn't be that difficult to implement'.
            My impression of BMD over the years is, that if something would have been easy to implement, they would have already done it. They are not restricting their cameras on purpose.

Comment

I´d like to see some of the 2,40:1 Cinemascope Aspect Ratios of the UMP4.6 as Resolution-Options, just as an alternative to the regular Cinema 4K.
              But yeah, the anamorphic mode is probably something a lot of users surely would appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Light&Color View Post
                I´d like to see some of the 2,40:1 Cinemascope Aspect Ratios of the UMP4.6 as Resolution-Options, just as an alternative to the regular Cinema 4K.
                But yeah, the anamorphic mode is probably something a lot of users surely would appreciate.

Amen to the 4:3 Anamorphic mode. I just got a set-up and would love this option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkatter219 View Post
                  Amen to the 4:3 Anamorphic mode. I just got a set-up and would love this option.
                  Problem with anamorphic mode is that the 4:3 sensor area would be too narrow, just 11mm wide. You'd need really wide lenses to use it well.
                  Last edited by Fauxto; 05-08-2019, 11:45 AM.
                  Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

If I didn't mess up any numbers, yes, you could use all your S 16 lenses. The sensor portion would be almost 12mm wide.

It would be a GREAT mode.
                    Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

I agree with you. That's why I still have not bought the BMPCC 4K.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's been stated in the past that 4:3 is not possible on the Pocket 4K, but I might be misremembering.
                        Darren Hartman
                        Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Per the active area of the sensor, the 4:3 cut would be too narrow.
                          Álex Montoya on IMDB

Comment

I imagine, they could do a crop. Like 4:3 2k of full hd or is that also not possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
                              I guess it's perfectly possible but I don't know if there's like some hidden obstacles.

The thing is the 1080 mode right now is a bit too soft and I dare say almost unusable for film production. That extra 600 pixels wide would mean the world in order to get a good 1080 final image.
                              I hate using 1080 on my pocket 4k as well. I prefer shooting 2k for the extra pixels and shooting 4k is sometimes overkill especially with storage. Has it been stated why 2k isn't an option on the P4K? Why is 4k available, but 2k isn't?

Comment

Working...
                              X