Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generation 2 Ursa Mini Pro just in....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    John, any improvement in low light?

    Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
    ISO is the same.

    Which is to say, it’s a really great image at 800 iso.

    JB

    Comment


    • #32
      Sooo… does anyone think that BRAW will come to the Ursa Mini 4k and 4.6k? It's been more than a year since these cameras were updated and today seems like it would have been a good time for BMD to say "Hey, hang in there OG UM owners, we're working on updates for you as well". Personally, I have my doubts, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. :-)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by paulrossjones View Post
        what model isn't being supported? the UM 4.6k got released in 2014...
        Announced in NAB 2014 but released at NAB 2015.

        Comment


        • #34

          Comment


          • #35
            UMP G2 allows for USB-C to SSD recording. That is uuge!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
              Some you might notice an improvement when you shoot on a 25mm at F8 with certain lenses.

              JB

              What sort of improvement exactly, JB?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ShawnMi View Post
                Sooo… does anyone think that BRAW will come to the Ursa Mini 4k and 4.6k? It's been more than a year since these cameras were updated and today seems like it would have been a good time for BMD to say "Hey, hang in there OG UM owners, we're working on updates for you as well". Personally, I have my doubts, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. :-)
                Most likely no. If you watch BM video, when BRAW was announced, there is different coder hardware in UMP and P4K to allow BRAW. I think it's a hardware issue.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Robert Rogoz View Post
                  Most likely no. If you watch BM video, when BRAW was announced, there is different coder hardware in UMP and P4K to allow BRAW. I think it's a hardware issue.
                  Wouldn't that cause legal issues for them now though to keep it in the 4.6k....since they are trying to eliminate it from the UMP and pocket4k
                  Darren Scott
                  Freelance Director/Director of Photography


                  https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by yophoto91 View Post
                    What sort of improvement exactly, JB?
                    He's poking fun at the magenta issue here... I never noticed it with my 4.6k.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                      Wouldn't that cause legal issues for them now though to keep it in the 4.6k....since they are trying to eliminate it from the UMP and pocket4k
                      Interesting question. They might be just selling existing stock and not make new cameras in these models. This is my pure speculation. I would imagine, with UMPG2 and P4K, they will be phasing out all other previous camera production.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Robert Rogoz View Post
                        I would imagine, with UMPG2 and P4K, they will be phasing out all other previous camera production.
                        I think BMD just need 3 models. UMP category (and size)...pocket category and size...and the micro size.

                        With this g2 announcement, personally I think the 4.6k UMP should have been the camera to be updating these years till now and the UMP G2 should really have been the Gen 1 update to the 4.6k .
                        Darren Scott
                        Freelance Director/Director of Photography


                        https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                          Wouldn't that cause legal issues for them now though to keep it in the 4.6k....since they are trying to eliminate it from the UMP and pocket4k
                          It also makes me wonder about legal issues with Davinci Resolve and CinemaDNG, and those of us still using older cameras like myself that only have CinemaDNG as a raw choice. Will it still be supported in Davinci in the future?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Great update. I am one of the unlucky who purchased a UMP less than a month ago. Thankfully my reel currently has way too much slow mo so I'll do without for a while.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I really hope they improve the LCD monitor

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Adam E View Post
                                I really hope they improve the LCD monitor
                                if they some how made it bigger (like the 4.6k) would have been nice.
                                instagram
                                my work

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X