Ursa Mini 4.6K goes for cheap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ursa Mini 4.6K goes for cheap.

Just saw a couple of ebay listings of Ursa 4.6ks going for 2K to 2.5K .
    Any catch there?
    Of course the UMP is much better, with NDs and such.
    But for 2000 it seems like a really good deal.
    www.instagram.com/vautksch

I'm assuming a lot of those people are simply replacing their 'A' camera with the Pocket 4K and would like a quick sale and don't care about any loss on the original item(s).

(That's what I have done many times going from higher to lower priced cameras.)

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
      I'm assuming a lot of those people are simply replacing their 'A' camera with the Pocket 4K and would like a quick sale and don't care about any loss on the original item(s).
      +1. The market for the UM4.6K is shrinking because people will either be buying the BMPCC4K or the UMP, depending on their budget and need.

Comment

Assuming that BRAW will eventually come to the original 4.6K, that's a hell of a deal for a great camera

Comment

Originally posted by Rotbart View Post
          Just saw a couple of ebay listings of Ursa 4.6ks going for 2K to 2.5K €.
          Any catch there?
          Of course the UMP is much better, with NDs and such.
          But for 2000€ it seems like a really good deal.
          Maybe in Europe? US prices look to be around $3K USD on Ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
            +1. The market for the UM4.6K is shrinking because people will either be buying the BMPCC4K or the UMP, depending on their budget and need.
            Yeah not sure if or when braw will get released for the ursa mini 4.6k. So I def would upgrade to the UMP.

Comment

I still love that monitor on the original 4.6K.

Comment

And now the Ursa Mini Pro comes with the viewfinder for free at B&H. This camera is such a bargain.

Comment

Or the power kit...but that doesn't exactly mean the cameras are flying off the shelf...

Comment

Actually it's currently a 'Top Seller' at B&H. (Blackmagic margins are crazy.)

$500 Pocket, anyone?

Comment

Yep! I got a pretty cheap 4.6k in Italy a few months ago. All the extras less viewfinder.
                      Now I can see a BM camera with some dynamic range. I hope we can have braw some of these days.

I've to check updates because I 've some delay issues with sound.

Comment

Ya'll crazy, lol.

Selling their 4.6k for the pocket? Don't think so. Who would give up 15 stops of DR? Selling for the Pro makes sense or maybe something else.
                        instagram
                        my work

Comment

Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
                          Ya'll crazy, lol.

Selling their 4.6k for the pocket? Don't think so. Who would give up 15 stops of DR? Selling for the Pro makes sense or maybe something else.
                          Only if its a form factor decision...or really really need alot of low light shooting. Apart from that...nope. I have both and I really think they are a great one two combo...I just need both of them to have a baby so I can have one camera instead of 2 lol. Low light, pixel remapping (praying for this for UMP) of the pocket and dynamic range, B raw, resolution and internal ND of the UMP with a smaller body.
                          Darren Scott
                          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                            Only if its a form factor decision...or really really need alot of low light shooting. Apart from that...nope. I have both and I really think they are a great one two combo...I just need both of them to have a baby so I can have one camera instead of 2 lol. Low light, pixel remapping (praying for this for UMP) of the pocket and dynamic range, B raw, resolution and internal ND of the UMP with a smaller body.
                            I'm hoping NAB surprises us with something like this, ursa micro or whatever, based around that Fairchild Mft sensor with 14.5 stops dynamic range that people were speculating about. The original 4k sensor was an off the shelf place holder until the 4.6 was ready, maybe will see the same thing with the Sony sensor in the P4k and something else following close behind.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                              I'm hoping NAB surprises us with something like this, ursa micro or whatever, based around that Fairchild Mft sensor with 14.5 stops dynamic range that people were speculating about. The original 4k sensor was an off the shelf place holder until the 4.6 was ready, maybe will see the same thing with the Sony sensor in the P4k and something else following close behind.
                              I hope not , I own a ursa mini pro, and bought 2 pocket 4K's.....

Comment

Working...
                              X