Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade your BM Cinema Camera 2.5 for the new BM Pocket 4K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose if you can afford to take delivery without selling stuff to make room, then it becomes another tool on the shelf. Shoot comparisons and find out what you like.

The 12-35 is a decent range for narrative, 25mm is about normal on that camera, so you don't need to adapt your other lenses right away, also you can take the sd cards from original pocket cam for 1080 prores and possibly some flavours of 4k. Frame rates and low light sensitivity are new tools you don't currently have, I believe there is improved rolling shutter as well as moire but you need to test for yourself to know if you need this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
      I suppose if you can afford to take delivery without selling stuff to make room, then it becomes another tool on the shelf. Shoot comparisons and find out what you like.

The 12-35 is a decent range for narrative, 25mm is about normal on that camera, so you don't need to adapt your other lenses right away, also you can take the sd cards from original pocket cam for 1080 prores and possibly some flavours of 4k. Frame rates and low light sensitivity are new tools you don't currently have, I believe there is improved rolling shutter as well as moire but you need to test for yourself to know if you need this stuff.

Yes the low light feature will be welcomed as well as the additional frame rates.
      btw - i got my camera today - someone on the board here had suggested trying a smaller dealer vs B&H, etc.
      I think I put my name down a month ago?
      I got mine from Kellards Photo in NYC.
      Good luck - and thanks again for yer suggestions people and DOP 16.

Comment

Is the lack of 4K hurting your narrative? If so definitely get the P4K. If not, why fix what isn't broken?

Edit:Enjoy!

Comment

Well that was the issue - i hate 'fixing what's not broken' - i make indie narrative features.
          And i have seen at festivals what i was shooting blown up and it looked pretty good to me.
          As i said somewhere here - with the original pocket and cinema camera i was only shooting prores HQ. Never raw.
          Well - i have it now - the new pocket and its great having the low light feature, and 60fps if i need it.
          Also - with hard drives getting cheaper, etc I might find myself shooting 4 k in the near future especially doing any visual effects, etc.
          And it wasn't that expensive - so all things being equal

Comment

How does the dynamic range compare to the BMCC?

The BMCC 2.5k has a beautiful range that ive only seen rivaled by the ursa mini pro (when comparing to the BMD line up). The 4K Production cam took a massive hit in range, as did the 4K Ursa.
            Nick Vega
            http://vimeo.com/nickvega

Comment

Working...
            X