No announcement yet.

Tilta Nano compact USB power solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilta Nano compact USB power solutions?

For all the nano users out there, anyone come across a compact 5v usb solution to mount onto their rig thats not on a gimbal with power port? I'm looking at this solution that fits an 18650 battery thats compact enough to mount on to a run gun rig that can easily be topped up with fresh batteries. Has anyone tried these units before?

So inexpensive that it makes me weary =)

Cheers

Originally posted by iammuc View Post
    For all the nano users out there, anyone come across a compact 5v usb solution to mount onto their rig thats not on a gimbal with power port? I'm looking at this solution that fits an 18650 battery thats compact enough to mount on to a run gun rig that can easily be topped up with fresh batteries. Has anyone tried these units before?

So inexpensive that it makes me weary =)

Cheers
    Can you explain your reasoning for not wanting to use the rig's 5v usb?

Edit: Ah, I get it. You're looking for an option for when you're not using the gimbal. I'd go with Amazon 18650 batteries that have reviews so you know you're not wasting money. Favorable reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/2600mAh-Tusco...B5v%2Busb&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KG45W08...549294576&sr=1
    Last edited by Park Edwards; 02-04-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Your link looks fine for powering just the motor, but for a bit more size you might be able to power both the camera and the Nano motor: https://amzn.to/2MSS020

Mine is arriving today. I'll let you know how it works.
      Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
      Pocketluts Store

Comment

Originally posted by joe12south View Post
        Your link looks fine for powering just the motor, but for a bit more size you might be able to power both the camera and the Nano motor: https://amzn.to/2MSS020

Mine is arriving today. I'll let you know how it works.

You can't power the camera unless it outputs 12v. You can probably power it if you use a dummy lp-e6 battery as it only needs 7.4v.

Comment

If you go the CFast route ( as I'm planning to move to eventually ) I've success fully powered the motor from the USB-C port from the camera. Just need a USB-C to Micro-USB cable.

The nano motor draws actually pretty low power for the most part, in idle.

Comment

Originally posted by Zolac View Post
            If you go the CFast route ( as I'm planning to move to eventually ) I've success fully powered the motor from the USB-C port from the camera. Just need a USB-C to Micro-USB cable.

Awesome! I was actually wondering if the USB-C port would be able to do that. I'll start doing that with my Nano when it's not on my G2X

Comment

So, just a note to remind everyone that the Nano motor can use much more power than the typical 5v that can be drawn from a typical USB port. I believe it can support up to 14.5v. The more power you feed it, the higher the torque it can deliver. For certain stiff or heavy lenses the extra power can be the difference of the Nano working or not. So...a powerbank that can deliver 12v, for example, can be advantageous depending on your kit.
              Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
              Pocketluts Store

Comment

I did not know this and powered it with a big brick (anker powercore +) Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I'm confused - a german retailer describes the Nucleus Nano as having batteries in both, the hand unit AND the motor unit. That's wrong, the motor unit needs external 5V USB to work, right?!

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                    I'm confused - a german retailer describes the Nucleus Nano as having batteries in both, the hand unit AND the motor unit. That's wrong, the motor unit needs external 5V USB to work, right?!
                    That is correct. The motor must be powered externally via a micro-USB connector.
                    Pocketluts Store

Comment

Originally posted by joe12south View Post
                      That is correct. The motor must be powered externally via a micro-USB connector.
                      Thanks!

Comment

This my friend has made my day. This camera just gets better and better. If it draws enough power to adequately run the motors I'm happy with that. The less things to stick on the rig the better for my shooting needs.

Comment

If you happen to be using an external monitor with Sony batteries you could get some of these and power from their USB out.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerextra-Mu.../dp/B01M189SS0

Comment

Thanks but I mainly shoot hand held run gun or gimbal so smallest setup is best for me. If it can take higher voltage then an output from a Smallhd Focus to motor would be another solution if you could even find a cable specific for it.

Comment

well, my Nano issues stem from the battery on the controller. I have 4 different batteries and I swear they work 20% of the time...with no rhyme or reason. Doesn't connect, won't calibrate. I just ordered the recommenced batteries by Titla from Amazon and a charger to see if it changes things.

Comment

Working...
                              X