Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tilta Nano compact USB power solutions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tmronin View Post
    well, my Nano issues stem from the battery on the controller. I have 4 different batteries and I swear they work 20% of the time...with no rhyme or reason. Doesn't connect, won't calibrate. I just ordered the recommenced batteries by Titla from Amazon and a charger to see if it changes things.
    4 different batteries. thats not a good sign. Did you try the Jaycar one I mentioned? It does sound like a unit issue.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tmronin View Post
      well, my Nano issues stem from the battery on the controller. I have 4 different batteries and I swear they work 20% of the time...with no rhyme or reason. Doesn't connect, won't calibrate. I just ordered the recommenced batteries by Titla from Amazon and a charger to see if it changes things.
      It may be due that strange tiny charger. Few people on other forum report that their charger just smoked and burned
      All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by shijan View Post
        It may be due that strange tiny charger. Few people on other forum report that their charger just smoked and burned
        Hey D! yeah...I have thoughts on the included charger and none of them are particularly good. Tilta recommends these:
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

        They should be here tomorrow with a charger...we shall see. when my Nano works, it works great...I just think it's the kinda crappy batteries bundled with it rather than controller unit failure.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tmronin View Post
          Hey D! yeah...I have thoughts on the included charger and none of them are particularly good. Tilta recommends these:
          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

          They should be here tomorrow with a charger...we shall see. when my Nano works, it works great...I just think it's the kinda crappy batteries bundled with it rather than controller unit failure.
          my EBL batteries came in a day early and yep, it's totally the batteries and charger. my nano works exactly as expected. connects every time, all the menu functions are available. yay!

          Comment


          • #20
            Yea, may be just defected batteries or charger. Take a look at the test of those nicjoy 14500 850mAh (Green-brown) batteries. If they are not damaged, the capacity is ok. https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteri...own)%20UK.html
            "This is a fairly cheap 14500 LiIon cell." "These batteries looks good at lower current, i.e. 2A and below, but they are not for high current."


            Last edited by shijan; 02-07-2019, 09:42 PM.
            All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tmronin View Post
              Hey D! yeah...I have thoughts on the included charger and none of them are particularly good. Tilta recommends these:
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

              They should be here tomorrow with a charger...we shall see. when my Nano works, it works great...I just think it's the kinda crappy batteries bundled with it rather than controller unit failure.
              Interesting, so they recommend to use battery with build in protection circuit now? Is that mean that Controller and Charger don't have their own protection circuits? If charger was designed to be used only with protected batteries it explains why it burn and damage unprotected battery. Too many questions to Tilta...
              All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

              Comment


              • #22
                I just tested a tilta battery that was charged with the tilta charger and it doesnt hold charge vs the other two batteries I have that were charged on a third party charger. The second tilta battery that was charged on the third party charger first go has still kept charge.

                I've setup powering the motor via the P4K usb C port and it works amazingly well as someone suggested. Auto powers on when you switch the P4K power on. Its brilliant!

                Comment

                Working...
                X