Bluetooth Camera Controller Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shijan View Post
    Great! If you need short and inexpensive LANC to LANC Right Angle 30cm 2.5mm Stere Male To 2.5mm cable, here is nice one on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Right-A.../323433661804? I am also on Nucleus preorder so i got few those cables some time ago and can recommend them. Decent quality. Still have no planes to order P4K camera but will follow this thread...
    Part of the struggle I had earlier was finding the proper 2.5mm cable that works with the Nano.
    At first I thought the motor was outputting LANC, but it is not the case, so wont work with those 3 Pole cables.
    It's a 4 Pole type, which is very uncommon and extremely difficult to find for 2.5mm size. ( After literally calling almost every place I could, not a single electronics supplier/retailer in my city had anything. )

Comment

That's odd. Probably they do 4 pole connection to be compatible trough cable adapters with all possible LANC variations on different cameras.
      All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

That's odd. Probably they do 4 pole connection to be compatible trough cable adapters with all possible LANC variations on different cameras.

So did you find TRRS to TRS pinout for common LANC (signal-tip, power-ring, ground-sleeve)? Can you share it, so people can build cable adapters? If you like i can draw a user friendly chart, similar i done for S.Bus controller connections.
        Did motor LANC interface needs separate 5V power to work? I guess LANC interface powered by same battery as motor, so cable adapter may use only 2 wires (LANC signal and ground)?
        All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

UPDATE.

Not much new since last update, redesigned web interface with more functionality. Also a early look at the development hardware. Final design will be a much smaller and compact form factor.

Have begun pcb design, but as this is a new venture for myself will take some time to wrap my head around it all. Looking to do a small batch of about 50 units for the first run, these will be tilta nucleus nano control units and I’ll look to expand to simple controllers in the future.

NOTE: name is not finalized in anyway.

http://vimeo.com/315063349

BLE4K_Pairing.jpg
          Last edited by Zolac; 02-06-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I know my way around fusion 360 pretty well if you ever need a hand on CAD side

I had been looking at similar control stuff for the micro ages ago (if you search my post history you can find that), but kind of ended up not really pursuing it beyond the 3d mockup stages (Shijan did a much better job of seeing his stuff through!)
            I also posted the sbus arduino library for the micro on github - so I'm somewhat familiar with the coding/electronics side as well (not professionally however, more as an advanced hobbyist but I do 3d for a living and have a design degree)

shout me if I can help out in any way!

Comment

UPDATE. Still waiting for some components to arrive for last iteration of the final prototype.

In the meantime, I’ve implemented the ability to use the focus wheel as a adjustment slider.
              Works by using the record button to engage adjustment mode and lets you use the wheel to change things like ISO, Aperture, WB, etc… basically anything in the Bluetooth protocol that has value range. Demo shows adjusting aperture.

Still deciding on this feature as it’s practicality may not be so useful. The value adjustment happens in tandem with the motor position, so as you adjust say ISO, you will be constantly changing focus on your lens.

Nonetheless thought I would demo.

Comment

WOW! It may be useful. So now Tilta controller can control focus on electronic lens without using Tilta motor

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
                  WOW! It may be useful. So now Tilta controller can control focus on electronic lens without using Tilta motor
                  Well no not without the motor. My Bluetooth hardware connects to the Nano motor and that’s how it receives commands from the controller.
                  So you do still need the motor, but it in this case you don’t have to actually use the motors functionality, it can just be bridge between the controller and Bluetooth to the camera.

Comment

but technically focus IS one of the things you can adjust via BT I presume? (lens dependant of course)

Comment

would you be willing to share your sketch for the esp32?

Comment

Working...
                      X