Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is everyone aware of STAND? (Shot on UMP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is everyone aware of STAND? (Shot on UMP)

This looks like an amazing professional production!
    (Sorry if it has already been discussed.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=A5FSO_W-7pQ
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

This was filmed in my city! I was hanging out on set with the Blackmagic rep, and got to chit chat with Roy Wagner for a bit too. Was a good time.

Comment

I shouldn't say this but I really don't like the images in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
        I shouldn't say this but I really don't like the images in this one.
        I have to agree with that. Maybe it's the grading, but the images don't look that impressive. There's far better footage out there from the UMP that BMD should use from marketing. It's cool to see the UMP on a larger production, though.

Comment

Thanks for the 'Heads Up' DP. I had not seen this and appreciate your pointing it out.

Comment

I don't know if it's the lighting or the grade, but it looks like one of those Investigation Discovery-type reenactment shows.

Comment

Originally posted by vonner View Post
              I don't know if it's the lighting or the grade, but it looks like one of those Investigation Discovery-type reenactment shows.
              Unfortunately, we're not seeing any final grades in this preview.
              Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
              Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
              Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by rygenova View Post
                I have to agree with that. Maybe it's the grading, but the images don't look that impressive. There's far better footage out there from the UMP that BMD should use from marketing. It's cool to see the UMP on a larger production, though.
                I had a similar negative reaction. I really think it is the color grade, which might be temporary. Skin has that weird, almost solarized, look you get when you try to too hard to cram-in maximum DR. I think a good colorist could probably make this sing.
                Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
                Pocketluts Store

Comment

Working...
                X