2019 predictions for BMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 predictions for BMD

What will Blackmagic Design bring to the table in 2019?

My guess is it'll be a rather quiet year on the camera side, perhaps an Ursa Micro Pro or a 6K cam in 2020.

Maybe they'll surprise us with something completely different in 2019?

FF camera has to be coming soon.

Comment

I would settle for fulfilling backlog
      Peter A

Meshmen Studio Youtube channel

Comment

Large Format for sure.

Comment

BMDrone 4k ?
          Peter A

Comment

Shipping cameras?
            Álex Montoya on IMDB
            https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Comment

I hope so

Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
              Shipping cameras?
              Peter A

Comment

My guess would be that they announce an UM Pro replacement at NAB. I'd guess it would shoot 6-8K and possibly be full frame (or there may be two models, S35 and FF, announced). Undoubtedly they'll say it will be available in late summer, but it won't really be shipping until early 2020. If they don't announce something this year, that means we won't see a new flagship camera widely available until 2021. That's an eternity right now as much of the competition is already about to jump full force into higher resolutions, larger sensors, and finally higher bitrate or RAW codecs.

Comment

FF? I hope not. I hope they will work on a Super35 camera with more dynamicrange and better form factor. (smaller)
                  but with better buttons, better design. DualISO, more DR. .. and maybe a better fieldmoitor (external touch screen monitor)

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxto View Post
                    Shipping cameras?
                    They are shipping cameras, so your prediction is already true !
                    The P4K has been their most successful camera in terms of sales. It’s going to take them a while to deal with that pent up success.

JB

Comment

'Hi Bright' on camera field monitors. Directors or video village monitors. Both items with recorders or companion-ed with recorders.

Comment

I'd love to see them implement wireless video transmitters/receivers into their future cameras/monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                          I'd love to see them implement wireless video transmitters/receivers into their future cameras/monitors.
                          Agree, that would be fantastic!

Comment

I'm guessing no new cameras this year but accessories and firmware updates for existing products (BRAW for P4K and maybe UM4.6K). The P4K gets great reviews as far as the camera itself goes but get serious knocks from reviewers and even BM enthusiasts due to it's poor battery life and difficulty viewing the screen in sunny days. If they came out with a accessory fix for those two or even just the battery issue, I think the P4K would be unstoppable.

Would be great to see an updated Ursa major someday. Loved that camera with it's huge screen. A mark II built with lighter materials. a couple of SSD slots, and a 6 or 8K sensor would be a great addition to their camera lineup.

Comment

Wish they had a bit more QC. Too many P4K are returned due to some QC issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X