Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New interesting competition (8k under 5,000)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New interesting competition (8k under 5,000)

    https://www.43rumors.com/surprise-sh...thirds-camera/

    5" FLIP OUT screen & Mini XLR!!

  • #2
    Sharp? Really?
    I think it's great they are pushing others to move ahead but I wouldn't expect more out of this than I wold any other Sharp device.

    Also, h265 is great for storage and delivery, but it cripples Premiere and Vegas. Haven't tried to edit it in Resolve yet, but I can't imagine it'd be much better.
    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think 8bit 4:2:0, even at 8k is competition for 12bit raw or 10bit ProRes recording at 4k.

      Shawn

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ShawnMi View Post
        I don't think 8bit 4:2:0, even at 8k is competition for 12bit raw or 10bit ProRes recording at 4k.

        Shawn
        Totally agree! Although, it might be fun to follow it's development. H265 can't be the only codec implemented. These are very early announcements.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tclark513 View Post
          Totally agree! Although, it might be fun to follow it's development. H265 can't be the only codec implemented. These are very early announcements.
          It will be interesting for sure. I don't see myself adopting 8k at any point, but I agree, it is fun to watch technology develop. :-)

          Shawn

          Comment


          • #6
            Silly business.
            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
            Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
            Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't believe every click bait you see.

              Comment


              • #8
                From a business standpoint I can understand, but meanwhile we are still waiting on a groundbreaking Full hd camera. (full frame, RAW, global shutter, high dynamic range)

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's so many K!!1!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RAWlover View Post
                    Don't believe every click bait you see.
                    Hmmm... pretty impressive click bait i guess!
                    https://www.43rumors.com/interview-w...8k-mft-camera/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tclark513 View Post
                      Hmmm... pretty impressive click bait i guess!
                      https://www.43rumors.com/interview-w...8k-mft-camera/
                      I hate fake news but I have to say I am amazed at the quality of that video. It is cool that they mocked up a fake prototype and got an actor to play a Sharp spokesperson. They really went all out. Trump and the Russians should take note. 2020 is just around the corner.


                      Blackmagic has done their job. I recall them saying their motivation for creating the BMCC was that other camera companies simply were not making cameras that would take advantage of their software. They have pushed the industry to innovate. This Sharp camera has a 5 inch screen, mini XLR, AND USB C. Remind you of anything?

                      Now we just need to see the footage and what codecs are available.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        All the fanboys of maximum K will eat this up, then soon realize there isn't a workstation that can handle an 8k h-265 work flow. What you have to wait a day for proxies to render? Who is this for anyway?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                          All the fanboys of maximum K will eat this up, then soon realize there isn't a workstation that can handle an 8k h-265 work flow. What you have to wait a day for proxies to render? Who is this for anyway?
                          Is H.265 the only codec on offer?

                          Do you have any data to show people can't edit 8K H.265? There doesn't seem to be a problem with 4k H.265. I would think you just need to bump up the specs a bit. I don't even have a 4k editing rig. I'm still on 1080p. But if 8k is actually going to be a thing soon I may as well build for it.

                          Sharp is Japanese. Japan is all in on 8k. It is just a different scene over there. NHK broadcasts in 8k. It isn't about being a "fanboi". It is about industry standard.

                          With these bayer sensor cameras downscaling is necessary to get true resolution. 4k sensors are NOT true 4k. Read up on Bayer sensors and you will see what I mean.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            8K on MFT? How many lenses will resolve that?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by VidShooter View Post
                              Japan is all in on 8k. It is just a different scene over there. NHK broadcasts in 8k. It isn't about being a "fanboi". It is about industry standard.
                              On the 1st December BBC News reported very few people in Japan own 8K capable equipment. NHK was talking about demo transmissions in public places.
                              BBC added:
                              The launch of the world's first 8K TV channel is great news, even if it is only in Japan. But realistically, mass market adoption is still a long, long way off.
                              "While the likes of Amazon and Netflix have charged head first into 4K this year, the BBC is only at the trial stage, and others are still struggling to stream HD, so 8K remains a pipedream in the UK

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X