Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gimbal for the Pocket 4K

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gimbal for the Pocket 4K

    I heard that there's only 2 gimbals that officially works with the new Pocket 4K camera. They are the Ronin S and the Moza Air 2. Both gimbals are very similar to each other. The Moza Air 2 Gimbal just started shipping this week.

    Last edited by Bino; 12-02-2018, 09:59 PM.

  • #2
    Is there a time limit? I want to check some reviews especially of the iFocus it comes out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stip View Post
      Is there a time limit? I want to check some reviews especially of the iFocus it comes out.
      Yes. It is supposed to be a preorder special. The code expired 2 weeks ago and became active again during their Black Friday Sales Event.

      Last edited by Bino; 11-29-2018, 10:21 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just had the bmpcc4k with a small rig cage, a Meike 25mm t2.2 lens attached to ifocus on the moza air 2. We also powered the camera through the gimbal and had it running for about an hour without any issue. 5E8BC8DE-7980-4FC5-9416-6D3CBABC6289.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mdifilm View Post
          Just had the bmpcc4k with a small rig cage, a Meike 25mm t2.2 lens attached to ifocus on the moza air 2. We also powered the camera through the gimbal and had it running for about an hour without any issue. [ATTACH=CONFIG]27279[/ATTACH]
          would like a full test to see how long it would last, that would be great to know. a few hours for both gimbal and camera would be awesome!. would just need to load up on 18650 than vmount/npf batteries if majority of the time its gimbal work

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dougfunnieyo View Post
            would like a full test to see how long it would last, that would be great to know. a few hours for both gimbal and camera would be awesome!. would just need to load up on 18650 than vmount/npf batteries if majority of the time its gimbal work
            Tom Antos did it and said it last 4 hours total. Feeding the gimbal to the bmpcc4k

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mdifilm View Post
              Just had the bmpcc4k with a small rig cage, a Meike 25mm t2.2 lens attached to ifocus on the moza air 2. We also powered the camera through the gimbal and had it running for about an hour without any issue. [ATTACH=CONFIG]27279[/ATTACH]
              Did you happen to test the iFocus handunit too?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mdifilm View Post
                Tom Antos did it and said it last 4 hours total. Feeding the gimbal to the bmpcc4k
                Thats good! Make sense since it uses 4 18650 batteries. I am starting thinking about selling my ronin s..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KrocanX View Post
                  Thats good! Make sense since it uses 4 18650 batteries. I am starting thinking about selling my ronin s..
                  A few people on the moza air 2 user group on fb said they are happy from the switch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I actually just picked up a Ronin-S yesterday but haven't had time to try it out. I know it has a 12v output but not the right cable to power the P4k. Did the Moza come with the correct 12v to P4k power cable? Is that a cable that could be bought and used with the Ronin-S perhaps?

                    DJI supposedly has a cable coming out that'll hook up to my dummy battery - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...wer_cable.html But who knows when it'll be out.
                    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      IMHO the Air2 - especially with the focus motor - is the sweetspot for now
                      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Moza Air 2 is the first gimbal that I have seriously considered as an option. Can anyone clarify a few questions regarding it's use with the pocket 4K?

                        1) Does the Moza power the Pocket 4K through the USB-C or would we need the BM power cable?

                        2) Is it possible to control camera functions on the P4K through the Moza? (start/stop record, etc.)

                        3) I am seriously considering investing in some lenses with IS to improve the gimbal's performance. Does anyone have experience with the Metabones Speedbooster EF-M43's for passing through lens stabilization? I have mainly Canon glass and would like to avoid going to M43's lenses if possible, but I may end up going that route if IS performance decreases/doesn't work through the speedbooster.

                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Simonbros View Post
                          The Moza Air 2 is the first gimbal that I have seriously considered as an option. Can anyone clarify a few questions regarding it's use with the pocket 4K?

                          1) Does the Moza power the Pocket 4K through the USB-C or would we need the BM power cable?

                          2) Is it possible to control camera functions on the P4K through the Moza? (start/stop record, etc.)

                          3) I am seriously considering investing in some lenses with IS to improve the gimbal's performance. Does anyone have experience with the Metabones Speedbooster EF-M43's for passing through lens stabilization? I have mainly Canon glass and would like to avoid going to M43's lenses if possible, but I may end up going that route if IS performance decreases/doesn't work through the speedbooster.

                          Thanks!
                          what about the moza air x?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Simonbros View Post
                            The Moza Air 2 is the first gimbal that I have seriously considered as an option. Can anyone clarify a few questions regarding it's use with the pocket 4K?

                            1) Does the Moza power the Pocket 4K through the USB-C or would we need the BM power cable?

                            2) Is it possible to control camera functions on the P4K through the Moza? (start/stop record, etc.)

                            3) I am seriously considering investing in some lenses with IS to improve the gimbal's performance. Does anyone have experience with the Metabones Speedbooster EF-M43's for passing through lens stabilization? I have mainly Canon glass and would like to avoid going to M43's lenses if possible, but I may end up going that route if IS performance decreases/doesn't work through the speedbooster.

                            Thanks!
                            the air 2 has :

                            1 x Barrel (16 VDC Power) Input
                            1 x Barrel (7.8 VDC Power) Output
                            1 x Barrel (12 VDC Power) Output
                            1 x CAN (7.8 VDC Power) Output

                            Tom Antos said the gimbal powered the bmpcc4k for about 4 hrs. Not usbc but thru dummy battery, or 12v.

                            I don't think it controls any functions like start stop record for the bmpcc4k.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I also posted on the BM forum.
                              In short, I had terminal issues with a Moza Air (1) within 24-48 hours of purchasing it. It started with micro jitters and the unit soon became erratic and unusable. When I returned it, the tech at the place I bought it said the motors were underpowered and he received numerous failing units back from customers. In the same price range he recommended the Zhiyun Crane. I swapped my Moza, got the Crane with money back too.
                              I haven't tried to fit or balance my BMPCC4K on it yet, but I personally won't be buying a Moza.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X