Pocket 4K and Ronin S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShawnMi View Post
    Doesn't Teradek offer a fairly inexpensive wireless transmission system.. like, below 2k for transmitter and receiver? I think Cinegears definitely does.

Shawn
    yep, they do it with small hd.

Comment

DJI focus motors now available for purchase.
      https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/11/...ailable-today/

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
        Remember watching Steven Spielberg and George Lucas talking about the future of cinema. That for $10-20K you'd have the tools to make a feature.

Fast forward 15 years: camera under $1300, gimbal $700, electronic follow focus $230.

Would I be dreaming to think soon an equally low cost wireless transmission system to assist focus pulling off camera? Personally I don't need it to work over super long distance. 100' would be fine for most of my work. Latency would be critical though.

Yeah I'm dreaming…
        https://www.nyrius.com/aries-pro-wir...itter-receiver

It's a little clunky to power, but it works, and it works well within its limitations.
        Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
        Pocketluts Store

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
          Remember watching Steven Spielberg and George Lucas talking about the future of cinema. That for $10-20K you'd have the tools to make a feature.

Fast forward 15 years: camera under $1300, gimbal $700, electronic follow focus $230.

Would I be dreaming to think soon an equally low cost wireless transmission system to assist focus pulling off camera? Personally I don't need it to work over super long distance. 100' would be fine for most of my work. Latency would be critical though.

Yeah I'm dreaming…
          And none are shooting something worth the watch so far

Comment

Does anyone know if you can power the Pocket 4k off of the 12v out from the Ronin-S? Looking at dropping into one with an extra battery and motor and that's the make or break on the new battery.

Cheers,
            Graeme

Comment

Originally posted by G.Meiklejohn View Post
              Does anyone know if you can power the Pocket 4k off of the 12v out from the Ronin-S? Looking at dropping into one with an extra battery and motor and that's the make or break on the new battery.

Cheers,
              Graeme
              Yes, but you'll need to make up a cable for it.

Comment

Just wired up a cable to power the Pocket 4K from my Ronin-S.

When powered, the the battery symbol displays "AC".

BMP4k and Ronin-S cable 4.jpg
                BMP4k and Ronin-S cable 1 sm.jpg

Comment

I wonder how quickly it'l drain the gimbals battery?

Comment

Originally posted by trispembo View Post

yep - that pretty much how it is when you power via the AC in vs dummy battery. my BMMCC displays that when I run the mini v-lock via the expansion port vs dummy battery in the back.

I was gonna ask where you found the DJI power lead to make the cable, then I realized that there is like 3 in the box. duh. My BlackMagic DC Cable pack is due in tomorrow, so I'll be going that route as well.

if it's a viable runtime, I'll pick up another battery handle and the charger (now that they are available)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27225[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]27226[/ATTACH]
                      Does it not work to run the provided 12v to USB-C out to "charge" the battery in the camera? or is that only for camera control

Comment

oops - all that is included in the ronin-s box (that I can see) are all control cables - what are you using for the DJI side?

Comment

Originally posted by G.Meiklejohn View Post
                          Does it not work to run the provided 12v to USB-C out to "charge" the battery in the camera? or is that only for camera control
                          As tmronin has pointed out, there are no 12v cables that come provided with the gimbal.

I bought a similar 4-pin connector that had to be slightly modified to fit.
                          https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5Pcs-4-P...72.m2749.l2649

It's not ideal, but does work until I can get the correct connector.

Comment

Does it make sense? LP-E6 is 1800 mAh or so and Ronin battery is 2600..

Comment

As tmronin has pointed out, there are no 12v cables that come provided with the gimbal.

ah! ok!

here's the generic DJI Ronin S power cord:
                              https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...wer_cable.html

Comment

ok - got a box of various connectors of that sort of $8us off Amazon just now:
                                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

took my BlackMagic DC pack and grabbed the one with the clean ends and crimped the red to pin 1 and black to pin 2 (as per the internet on DJI pin-outs) - works like a charm.

IMG_8782.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

also found a hotshoe SSD holder STL off thingverse and had a local 3D print lab run one off while waiting for my Tilta cage - my $16 solution to my $200 problem. hahahahaha.

used it today during a shoot and it was awesome. don't have a time on the ronin battery solution yet.
                                Last edited by tmronin; 11-27-2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X