Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands on with P4K tomorrow - any questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands on with P4K tomorrow - any questions?

I hate to start a new thread for this, but it was the easiest way for me to gather any unanswered questions about the camera.

I can't go into specifics, but I was lucky enough to be hanging out with a BM rep on a movie set today when a P4K showed up in the mail.
    We played around with it and oh boy, is it every bit as nice as I was hoping

Anyway, I'll be heading down to set to play around with it again tomorrow and wanted to pop in here to see if there was anything anyone wanted me to check out.

I cannot guarantee that I can get footage though. If I can get approval, I might pop outside to shoot some very quick tests. That's a big IF though. I need to play by the rules here.

Test it's moire in raw and prores, was a big problem with the original. Test it's IR pollution with nd's. General thoughts on battery life. Thoughts on fan noise as the original and many dslrs don't have a fan. Thoughts on built in mic. Thoughts on size and gimbal use. Thoughts on 1080p downsample.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
      Test it's moire in raw and prores, was a big problem with the original. Test it's IR pollution with nd's. General thoughts on battery life. Thoughts on fan noise as the original and many dslrs don't have a fan. Thoughts on built in mic. Thoughts on size and gimbal use. Thoughts on 1080p downsample.
      Any tests I do will be very simple. Not sure if I can do moire.. really depends on what's in the area. Gimbal stuff.. we'll see. Unfortunately, my Ronin-M isn't working, even though I JUST got it back from "repair" from DJI yesterday (gotta deal with that BS). I might have access to a Crane 2 though.

Comment

The screen, is it accurate and does it suffer from green tint? How does it handle bright outdoor?

Comment

Crane 2 would be perfect as it might be one of the harder gimbals to fit it to. With moire I'd only fuss with finer clothing or buildings in the distance/ roof tiles, they'd often cause moire

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
            The screen, is it accurate and does it suffer from green tint? How does it handle bright outdoor?
            Today was a cloudy day, but the screen was VERY easy to see. Wasn't even at max brightness (I think it was around 70%). I'll crank it up tomorrow to see how it looks. We only had the camera bare bones, so I can't really comment on color accuracy of the screen without anything to compare it to. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Comment

How does the carbon fiber body feel as far as durability and weight are concerned?

Comment

Would like to see how that ISO 25600 looks
                Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
                  Would like to see how that ISO 25600 looks
                  Looks like it gets a bit ugly at 5000 ISO (second last 2 shots) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxxlGo2iao which is totally fine because 3200 ISO looks great.
                  How does the highlight roll-off look redshift?
                  http://www.gamma-movie.com The IndieGathering 2016 best Sci-Fi feature screenplay.

Comment

Given that weird magenta thing with the early 4.6Ks, maybe shoot some stuff with the lens wide and closed down to 8 or 11.
                    James Iain Barber
                    Editor, writer, director, shooter, yadda yadda.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                      Given that weird magenta thing with the early 4.6Ks, maybe shoot some stuff with the lens wide and closed down to 8 or 11.
                      Killjoy!
                      http://www.gamma-movie.com The IndieGathering 2016 best Sci-Fi feature screenplay.

Comment

Can you measure camera startup time?
                        Can you shoot some high dynamic range RAW frame, preserve highlights and do the same with Pocket v1 or Micro or UM4.6K in same conditions? This gives us understanding how real life P4K dynamic range compares to older cameras.
                        All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

Iíd love to hear how it fits on the crane! Thatís exactly what Iím trying to figure out at the moment. Particularly if it needs to be mounted upside down to fit and whether balance can even be achieved with such a wide camera. Thanks redshift.

Comment

The onboard mics. Would love to hear an ambient sound test as well as a spoken one.

Comment

Onboard mics, and the preamps in XLR channel and 3.5mm plug
                              Last edited by Philip Lipetz; 09-07-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X