Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands on with P4K tomorrow - any questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not possible, but I would love to know if the headphone monitoring latency issue from the 4.6 K is there in the P4K.

Comment

File size info would be great - thanks!
      Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

may have been answered before but can it shoot prores proxy and raw same time?

Comment

Originally posted by iammuc View Post
          may have been answered before but can it shoot prores proxy and raw same time?
          Nope. It can't even record to two cards at the same time.

Originally posted by marshallbaker View Post
          File size info would be great - thanks!
          You can figure out that out based of the bitrates listed on Blackmagic's website.

At 4K DCI, 4:1 RAW will be about 3.23 MB/frame, 3:1 will be about 4.3 MB/frame, and lossless RAW will vary a lot depending on the contents of the frame but they'll average about 9 MB.

Comment

Michael, the RedShark News report states the onboard mics are tuned for voice audio sound. But would be nice to have some actual tests would be nice. The audio is supposed to be the best yet in a BM Camera.
            Cheers

Comment

How does the White Balance function? Do we select color temp values like previous BMCC's or aim the camera at a white card and press the WB button?

Comment

My biggest concern is how to pull focus on a gimbal, following an actor around. I haven't seen anything concrete on this most basic function of a camera. Can you adjust focus of electronic lenses electronically? Which ones? This seems like the most major issue imaginable, that no one is talking about.
                Filmmaker - Author
                https://jgiambrone.wordpress.com/

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Dkatter219 View Post
                  How does the White Balance function? Do we select color temp values like previous BMCC's or aim the camera at a white card and press the WB button?
                  You can set a color temp range in the camera menu, or tap the color temp display at the top of the display screen and a pull down range of vs,use is displayed, pick one or sue the slider to set the WB. As far as I know, there is no AWB set by pressing a button and using a white card, on,y the Ursa Mini Pro/Ursa Broadcast have AWB.
                  Cheers
                  Last edited by Denny Smith; 09-07-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
                    My biggest concern is how to pull focus on a gimbal, following an actor around. I haven't seen anything concrete on this most basic function of a camera. Can you adjust focus of electronic lenses electronically? Which ones? This seems like the most major issue imaginable, that no one is talking about.
                    There is not continuous auto focus function on the new Pocket Camera 4K. You can pull an “electronic” push to focus which will set the focus to the area inside a white square target area, like the origianl Pocket Camera did (only hopefully better) by oressingmthr “Focus” button, while this function was available on the BM Ursa Mini handle Lanc, No remote for this function has been announced yet, except perhaps with the IPad application.
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
                      Wireless follow focus. Zhiyun has a pretty decently priced motor for the Crane 2 (the motor actually connects to the gimbal via cable and allows focus control via the built-in focus wheel or a separately sold remote control) and I believe DJI is releasing one for the Ronin S.
                      Darren Hartman
                      Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Ah. So it bypasses the lens electronics entirely.

https://www.amazon.com/Servo-Follow-.../dp/B0794V7TF3

Has anyone used this?
                        Filmmaker - Author
                        https://jgiambrone.wordpress.com/

Youtube

Comment

wireless pull focus will probably done via bluetooth/wireless app or module. Phil from One little remote made one for the micro, i think he will develop one for the p4k when it comes out also.

Comment

Okay, I got some VERY BASIC clips together. I wonder what the best way to upload them is? Google Drive?

Comment

Originally posted by redshift View Post
                              Okay, I got some VERY BASIC clips together. I wonder what the best way to upload them is? Google Drive?
                              Yeah Google drive or anything that can share the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
                                Yeah Google drive or anything that can share the originals.
                                Cool. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of download limit or anything like that.

Gonna be a while to upload. Check back here tomorrow, everyone. I'll write up a little blurb with the clips and my included thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X