a7s 2 and ursa mini 4.6k color match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a7s 2 and ursa mini 4.6k color match

Best profile settings in the a7s 2 to match colors in film mode in the ursa mini 4.6k?

Cheers

None.
    Don't bother even trying that method - you will waste a lot of time and probably not get good results.

Best way:
    Shoot a COLORCHECKER card or a DSC Labs Front Box One Card. Place it directly in the center of your subject under the subject's final lighting and record a moment of it.
    Then use your scopes and wheels to match primary colors, or use the 'colorchecker' function in Resolve.

Those two cameras have VERY DIFFERENT color and look to them. This will not be easy to get a really good match.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

I know they are quite different, its just that ill be shooting a live session with 3 a7s and 1 ursa mini 4.6k and have no other choice, actually i've done the colorchekcer way and tried to match in resolve but ive have not gotten good results.

Any other solution anyone?

Comment

You could try Premiere's color match.
        Álex Montoya on IMDB
        https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Comment

Don't use Slog!
          Try Cine 4 and Color Mode 'Pro' and try to match by hand. The most difficult part will be skin tone in the shadows, where you always have to balance between sickly green and piggy pink.
          Plus, avoid blue LEDs as much as you can, the A7 series react very badly to them.

Comment

Maybe try messing with CST if you already have the footage. If you haven't shot yet then I'd do the color checker method.

Comment

If you are using filmconvert you ca get a profil for both cameras and "convert" the footage via a LUT.
              And keep grading after the lut. But the downside is that you are limited to the filmconvert transition at the beginning.

Comment

The best Camera Matching assist device is the DSC Labs Front Box One Card.
                https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...op+Nav-Search=

The reason is simple:
                See those pastel looking color chips - those are the exact colors of the CMYK markers on your Vectorscope. You match them MANUALLY, not with an auto-function that sometimes might not work right (Colorchecker method in Resolve and Premiere).
                You can bring each camera's CMYK colors as close to the Vectorscope markers as you want, and it's super easy and effective because you're just shifting the basic colors toward a known constant.
                Same with the skin tones - drop it right on the line on the Vectorscope.

The card is a little expensive, I know.
                But this is the most SIMPLE and amazing tool I've ever used to get different cameras to better match each other's color reproduction.
                Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Color Checker Video has those colors too. Maybe not as precise or as longlife, but quite a bit cheaper.

I second the manual method, but you'll have a hard time matching the A7x to an UM46, it might be easier to 'down match', since your BM footage will be far more flexible in grading. 8 bit 4:2:0 is falling apart very fast.

Comment

thanks for all your replies

Comment

Working...
                    X