This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket 4k footage ?

Is there any good reason why we're in the last week of August and there's still no footage?

Are we missing something?

This is the first BMD camera I haven't pre-ordered because I haven't seen anything from it. And I have to know the lower bit rates can meet and or exceed 400mbs All-i GH5 and Eva-1 footage.

Originally posted by pharpsied View Post
    And I have to know the lower bit rates can meet and or exceed 400mbs All-i GH5 and Eva-1 footage.
    I think you may be mixing up the Mbps per second with MBs (bits vs bytes). The PCC4K has a way higher bit rate than the EVA-1 or GH5.
    The PCC4K is 272 MBs which would be 2176 Mbps comparatively. If the GH5 is 400Mbps then it would only be 50MBs.

So the Pocket 4K has about 5X the bit rate of those other cameras.
    Last edited by Timothy Cook; 08-24-2018, 05:07 PM.
    Vimeo.com/dropbars

https://www.instagram.com/cook_it_off/

Comment

Dang it! Fooled by the title of this thread. Thought I'd find a link to some Pocket 4K footage.
      vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Cook View Post
        The PCC4K is 272 MBs which would be 2176 Mbps comparatively.
        That's specifically for losslessly compressed 4K DCI RAW at 30 fps.

Originally posted by Finster View Post
        Dang it! Fooled by the title of this thread. Thought I'd find a link to some Pocket 4K footage.
        Same lol

Comment

How bout changing the title or adding a "?", it feels like a cheesy digital ad.

Comment

Sure got my hopes up haha, but Tim's dead right with the data rates. The pocket 4k is much higher than the gh5. I think this is going to be a bigger factor than most think especially if they're coming over from Sony etc.

Comment

It has about the same data rates as the original ursa, I was looking at footage we shot with that last week and image quality was amazing on that camera (when well lit haha)

Comment

No codec camera under $10,000 has ever equaled BMD RAW I.Q.
                This is absolutely going to include every flavor of GH5 as well. It's a fundamental limitation of the codecs. Nothin' personal.
                Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Titled fooled me.

Comment

But really I just want this camera already. My mind keeps flip flopping between the ease of GH5 ibis, Dual Iso of the GH5s but the 4k could easily calm my mind by blowing them both away in IQ at 1300 dollars.

Comment

Maybe put a second of thought into the title before posting it man...

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                        Maybe put a second of thought into the title before posting it man...
                        Or do a search, or look at the top 5 threads.. Sigh

Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

Comment

Originally posted by pharpsied View Post
                          Is there any good reason why we're in the last week of August and there's still no footage?
                          WTF.

Is there any good reason to start a new thread and calling it "Pocket 4k footage"
                          and than asking why there is no footage out yet. Why should there be footage out?
                          Other camera companies also only put footage out when the camera is on the market.
                          So the Pocket 4k camera is not released yet. Maybe September. When will you see footage.
                          Well. What about September?!

You did not pre-order. Good. Maybe that is what Blackmagic wants. Not to many preoder.
                          If everyone is seing the fantastic image.. maybe they got to man preorders. Another
                          reasosn not to show footage.

About bit rates. You can read all the Specs of the camera online. How do you want compare raw 3:1 or raw 4:1 to Gh5?
                          Or ProRes. Whatever.

A thread with the name "Pocket 4k footage" should have some "Pocket 4k footage" in it.
                          Maybe moderators can fix this.

Comment

Oh, the deception
                            My YouTube channel

Comment

First cage is shipping soon...maybe they know something we don't...or just trying to get a head start:

https://www.cinema5d.com/8sinn-relea...amera-4k-cage/

Comment

Working...
                              X