No announcement yet.

Gen 4 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this only for RAW OR can this be applied to Pro res footage from ursa 4.6k?

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
      Iím confused. Why are we trying to apply a grade for 4k pockets to not 4k pocket camera footage ?

JB
      See new thing, play with new thing and see what happens. Not something I'll do on an actual project, but people often convert BMD to Arri Log-C which I wouldn't do either but they like the results.
      Darren Hartman
      Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Originally posted by Asyndeton View Post
        See new thing, play with new thing and see what happens. Not something I'll do on an actual project, but people often convert BMD to Arri Log-C which I wouldn't do either but they like the results.
        Haha Right? "Because it's FUN!" ..and you never know where you'll find that "just right' effect look you need for some particular shot.

Back in the Panny GH2 days I had this really convoluted backwards workflow using an ACES decode of all things (no, that was NOT the correct use of it) that gave me this really vivid sort of dreamy glowey look that music video clients LOVED.
        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
          my examples where deleted by moderator.
          The RCM/CST discussion was moved here, your posts are still there:
          http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...s-CST-workings

Originally posted by sammy View Post
          Is this only for RAW OR can this be applied to Pro res footage from ursa 4.6k?
          Just for RAW decode.
          Blackmagic Design
          My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Hook, Gen4 colour is coming to the cameras also yes? So we can shoot Pro res in gen 4 and be able to work with it in resolve?
            Darren Scott
            Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
              So we can shoot Pro res in gen 4 and be able to work with it in resolve?
              You can't do it to Resolve shot footage until they update the cameras to have GEN 4 in-camera when shooting ProRes.

JB

Comment

I don't know Kind of experiments with new unknown setting in RAW tab. I found that it clips colors with Pocket/Micro footage but my examples where deleted by moderator.

I didn't delete the posts, I split these discussions about timeline management off into it's own thread. To be honest a lot of what you were posting was confusing to others who just want information about gen 4. As yoiu yourself say you're just experimenting and don't know what you're doing while also saying that things don't look right. It's a bit misleading on this thread that is about gen 4 so I moved that discussion to here.

These are from an Ursa Mini Pro shooting Gen 4 with a RawLite OLPF in 1920 ProRes.

JB

Comment

You can't do it to Resolve shot footage until they update the cameras to have GEN 4 in-camera when shooting ProRes.

JB
                  Yeh thats what I was asking... If the cameras are gonna get updated.
                  Darren Scott
                  Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

I hope on the UMP.

Comment

Yeah that is what they announced at NAB, that it will come to the UMP.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQHH-o_rmK8
                        At around 4:50 grant says it's coming to other camera's as well.

Comment

These are from an Ursa Mini Pro shooting Gen 4 with a RawLite OLPF in 1920 ProRes.

JB
                          What's your take on the RawLite OLPF - Is it worth the trouble? Does it work with all the different lens mounts for the UMP or only with some of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie LeJeune View Post
                            What's your take on the RawLite OLPF - Is it worth the trouble? Does it work with all the different lens mounts for the UMP or only with some of them?
                            To sum up for you. He uses the RawLight OLPF on all 5 of his UMPs. So yeah, it's worth the trouble. The OLPF mounts over the sensor so it should work with all the lens mounts.
                            Check RawLight's webpage for the rest of the details and answers to questions.
                            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                            Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                            Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26571[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26573[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26574[/ATTACH]
                              Am I seeing things, or is that a triangle shaped flare in the wide shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Leeway View Post
                                Am I seeing things, or is that a triangle shaped flare in the wide shot?
                                A clue as to the lens used. Zeiss standard speeds :-)

JB

Comment

Working...
                                X