Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In camera speed booster for the Ursa - you guys seen that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In camera speed booster for the Ursa - you guys seen that?

In camera speed booster for the Ursa - you guys seen that?

How to install:

Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Yeah saw it, but its not available for the UMP. Ill buy a metabones for the pocket 4K instead.

Comment

I saw that awhile ago and was surprised no one was talking about it or testing it. I understand its just for the 4.6kEF or 4k but to have a near full frame Ursa Mini sounds interesting to me. Just would like to see some results.

Comment

Comparison of four Leica R "full frame" lenses, alternating—first on the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6K with a Lucadapter Magic Booster Ultra (made with Caldwell elements) and second without the Magic Booster on an Ursa Mini 4.6K P

https://vimeo.com/275596692

Comment

What's different about the UMP than the UM46K mount? I know it's interchangable, but is that it?

Comment

It also got IR and ND filters inside them that prevent this adapter to be placed apparantly.

Comment

see below
              Last edited by Denny Smith; 07-06-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Also the Ursa Mini 4.6 EF and the Pro are two different lens mounts, thr 4.6 is fixed and the Pro is removable. They are not interchangeable.
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by steve-o View Post
                  I saw that awhile ago and was surprised no one was talking about it or testing it. I understand its just for the 4.6kEF or 4k but to have a near full frame Ursa Mini sounds interesting to me. Just would like to see some results.
                  Steve, if you’re on the official BMD forum, there’s a nice video from Krzysztof Gluszek in the Cinematography thread MagicBooster for URSA Mini 4K and 4.6K. I think Luca now links to it on his Facebook page as well.

Comment

Watched the demo videos...

I gotta say I think the UM4.6 with this booster looks pretty darn good!
                    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Im guessing BM is already on top of this and will release a new camera with either speedbooster or either a bigger sensor within the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by polaroid22 View Post
                        Im guessing BM is already on top of this and will release a new camera with either speedbooster or either a bigger sensor within the next 2 years.
                        How about now with the BMPCC4K?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                          How about now with the BMPCC4K?
                          Yeah I meant something to compete with the ursa mini pro image

Comment

Interesting. Just stumbled across this. Apparently they now have it for not only the 4.6k, but the 4k ursa mini, and now even the old prodcution camera 4k.
                            Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Working...
                            X