No announcement yet.

Speedbooster for the pocket 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to sit on the sidelines until an official announcement from Brian Caldwell or Metabones for their recommendation when shooting with the Pocket 4K. I am looking for the strongest focal reduction when shooting with 135 films full frame SLR Magic APO PL/EF lenses. There is a chance that the popularity of the Pocket 4K may entice Metabones to offer their 0.5x focal reducer on the new camera which should work with the larger image circle of the APO primes.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
      I’m going to sit on the sidelines until an official announcement from Brian Caldwell or Metabones for their recommendation when shooting with the Pocket 4K. I am looking for the strongest focal reduction when shooting with 135 films full frame SLR Magic APO PL/EF lenses. There is a chance that the popularity of the Pocket 4K may entice Metabones to offer their 0.5x focal reducer on the new camera which should work with the larger image circle of the APO primes.
      +1

Comment

Hmm on the fence now. I am eying the kinefinity Mavo (or the LF). I was planning on buying the pocket in addition to my ursa mini pro. But instead I could get the mavo. Which will cost a bit more, but then I have a smaller body with the kine-enhancer it will have depth of field like a Full frame camera and still small enough to use on a ronin-s for example(which I was planning on using the pocket 4K on). I am going to need to do some math and see how much more it will cost me. Ok yeah nevermind way too much
        Last edited by polaroid22; 06-25-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by polaroid22 View Post
          Hmm on the fence now. I am eying the kinefinity Mavo (or the LF). I was planning on buying the pocket in addition to my ursa mini pro. But instead I could get the mavo. Which will cost a bit more, but then I have a smaller body with the kine-enhancer it will have depth of field like a Full frame camera and still small enough to use on a ronin-s for example(which I was planning on using the pocket 4K on). I am going to need to do some math and see how much more it will cost me. Ok yeah nevermind way too much
          Yeah was gonna say, the kinefinities are just too expensive really for what they are imo even more so when compared to the pocket. I do wish they didn't go with a 7inch long body for the pocket though.

I'm hoping for a couple things with the pocket 4k. Firstly on topic I'm hoping that the viltrox adaptor plays nicely since it's literally AUD 200 vs AUD 800 of the metabones or something ridiculous. I'm willing to shell out for a well made OLPF that doesn't impact the image negatively, a compact battery system and I'm really hoping for someone to come up with a smart mag system designed around the samsung SSD T drives, a nice enclosure or something that protects the cables/ ports. I'd grab a couple of the 500g T5 ssd's and maybe skip out on paying for cfast cards, use my old sandisk pocket cards for the SD card slot when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
            Yeah was gonna say, the kinefinities are just too expensive really for what they are imo even more so when compared to the pocket. I do wish they didn't go with a 7inch long body for the pocket though.

I'm hoping for a couple things with the pocket 4k. Firstly on topic I'm hoping that the viltrox adaptor plays nicely since it's literally AUD 200 vs AUD 800 of the metabones or something ridiculous. I'm willing to shell out for a well made OLPF that doesn't impact the image negatively, a compact battery system and I'm really hoping for someone to come up with a smart mag system designed around the samsung SSD T drives, a nice enclosure or something that protects the cables/ ports. I'd grab a couple of the 500g T5 ssd's and maybe skip out on paying for cfast cards, use my old sandisk pocket cards for the SD card slot when needed.
            I like Cfast because its so compact, has high speeds, only indeed the price is an issue at this point, but thats just one tough pill to swallow.

Yeah the pocket is rivalling the Terra 4K. Terra 4K is maybe a bit more beefed, but not worth 4K more. For the Mavo I would pay more, but the difference is way too high with my ursa mini pro. Otherwise I would have sold my ump and gone kinefinity mavo. If they should drop their prices I guess they would sell a shitload. Not sure why a company from australia can beat a chinese company pricing wise.
            Last edited by polaroid22; 06-25-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by polaroid22 View Post
              I like Cfast because its so compact, has high speeds, only indeed the price is an issue at this point, but thats just one tough pill to swallow.

Yeah the pocket is rivalling the Terra 4K. Terra 4K is maybe a bit more beefed, but not worth 4K more. For the Mavo I would pay more, but the difference is way too high with my ursa mini pro. Otherwise I would have sold my ump and gone kinefinity mavo. If they should drop their prices I guess they would sell a shitload. Not sure why a company from australia can beat a chinese company pricing wise.
              Because BM also make their products in China :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
                I'm willing to shell out for a well made OLPF that doesn't impact the image negatively, a compact battery system...
                In terms of the battery system, I'm curious to see how the Pocket4k of the Powerbase Edge turns out, I really like the idea of it fitting between tripod & camera, but then also working as a V-mount

Comment

Working...
                X