5247 LUT for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5247 LUT for download

We're currently making some LUTs off the current Vision3.

I read a few times online about 5247 not avaliable as a LUT... Before we go off and make this thing a reality. We would like to know, is this something you'd like? And would you buy it? I haven't made up my mind.

Having some of those questions answered would help us make a decision.

For: Arri Alexa, Red Dragon, & Bmcc.

Oh yeah...
    Here is the Beta Catalog:

5247 LUT Catalog - small.jpg

anybody?
    Last edited by SamuelJacobPauling; 05-25-2018, 03:06 PM.
    Best,
    Samuel Jacob

If I only get views and no votes, I'm going to assume it's a sign you don't want this.
    Best,
    Samuel Jacob

Comment

I am just skeptic. I was never a huge fan of luts. Testes some IMPULZ Ultimate Luts ..
      and it is nice that they reproduce some color shift to magenta. (like original negativ film) .. but after that you have to
      grade so the image is not pink anymore. Makes zero sense to me.

The only good LUT pack come from Filmconvert. IMHO.
      Because they also are aware of the camera sensor and it is very scientific.

Juan Melara uploaded a intersting video about filmconvert a couple of days ago.

http://juanmelara.com.au/blog/the-hi...de-filmconvert

If you want to build a 5247 LUT just do it. If you have the skills and resources. Sure.
      If you just reproduce a "look" .. that looks like 5247. (like impulz luts) I am not very interested.
      Maybe just as a reference. But not more.

Comment

If you're offering. I'm totally down. I'd love to learn a little more.

Comment

I'd play with it, but I don't shoot BMD cameras much. Offer an Arri Log C version and I'm on it like white on rice.

Comment

Originally posted by keithlango View Post
            I'd play with it, but I don't shoot BMD cameras much. Offer an Arri Log C version and I'm on it like white on rice.
            It would be for Alexa, Red Dragon, Bmcc.
            Best,
            Samuel Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelJacobPauling View Post
              It would be for Alexa, Red Dragon, Bmcc.
              If you do the RED one for RedWideGamutRGB and Log3g10, that'd be up to date with all of RED's sensors moving forward, not just Dragon.

And if that's the case, I'd be happy to give it a try on the Helium sensor.
              Aaron Lochert

Comment

I'd certainly be interested in checking it out.

Not sure if LUTs are the be-all and end-all, but if you shoot with one applied to monitoring, it can help you achieve that final look in post.

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelJacobPauling View Post
                  We're currently making some LUTs off the current Vision3.

I read a few times online about 5247 not avaliable as a LUT... Before we go off and make this thing a reality. We would like to know, is this something you'd like? And would you buy it? I haven't made up my mind.

Having some of those questions answered would help us make a decision.

For: Arri Alexa, Red Dragon, & Bmcc.

Oh yeah...
                  Here is the Beta Catalog:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26288[/ATTACH]

anybody?
                  Hell yah
                  Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
                  http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                    If you do the RED one for RedWideGamutRGB and Log3g10, that'd be up to date with all of RED's sensors moving forward, not just Dragon.

And if that's the case, I'd be happy to give it a try on the Helium sensor.
                    Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by keithlango View Post
                      Ditto!
                      Awesome. This definitely gives me enough thought..
                      Best,
                      Samuel Jacob

Comment

Thanks - I think my response will be quite helpful.

ntown wasn't designed with the stock shot side by side with replicating the same color science.

lightwave doesn't have reg process, -1 pull, +1 push, Tungsten & Daylight versions, as I would. (not sure if they having match color science, either)

I haven't heard of cinepunch before, but I've email them to ask if they've done an exact color science matching with the actual film stock. (I think this is very important, before buying a LUT that is assuming is replicating an actual filmstock). He responded saying he matched the color palette, being that he shot some of that stock in the past.

I hope this doesn't steer you away from those LUTs, but just knowing what you'd be paying for since these LUTs all have a price tag.

It's important to us to build LUTs that are used for actual motion-pictures, as we're already conversing with head colorists & have access to various top color houses. Being that the LUT would be suitable for wide dynamic range (as a base LUT). Something that FilmConvert only has for the Red One package (as Juan M. mentions).

So the difference between all these LUTs and ours:

- We would have a BaseLUT capibilities (flat).
                        - We have options -1, reg, +1
                        - We would match the film stock color science - rather, emulating colors from various films.

Hope that helps.
                        Last edited by SamuelJacobPauling; 05-28-2018, 03:29 PM.
                        Best,
                        Samuel Jacob

Comment

Working...
                        X