This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Thanks guys, I thought USB-C was usually at least a USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3.
    Cheers
    In general, if it's Thunderbolt 3, that's what they call it. If they just say USB Type-C (or USB-C), and they don't say anything else, it's almost always USB 3.1 Gen 1, which is the same as USB 3.0, or 5Gbps. I hate the way the USB Consortium named things after 3.0, but it's what we're stuck with. And don't get me started on the cables; you can have a lot of trouble finding a cable rated for the right thing, and can wind up doing physical damage to your equipment if you don't get it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorBro View Post
      They already have a variety of CFast card contraptions that people have concocted for the UMs and C200s...probably could just use one of those.
      I googled that and its way too expensive at half the price of the actual camera. Though I did discover a few DIY tutorials for Cfast to SSD contraptions, and they are pretty much exactly I was planning to do

Comment

• Yeah I think it's gonna be quite the shock to a shit ton of people how quickly even the samsung t5's will fill up. Gonna need quite the good storage solution.

Comment

• all this babble and still no footage or confirmed release date?
          instagram
          my work

Comment

• Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
            all this babble and still no footage or confirmed release date?
            Nope, but then again, it's also still August and there's no official word on any delays either.

Other manufacturers have released sample footage on the day of the camera release for instance... Maybe BMD changed their approach and is going for that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by okb812 View Post
              Nope, but then again, it's also still August and there's no official word on any delays either.

Other manufacturers have released sample footage on the day of the camera release for instance... Maybe BMD changed their approach and is going for that too.
              The last couple of BMD cameras didn't have any before launch, either, right?

One sign of imminent release may be that Resolve 15 is now out of beta.

Comment

• That is a good start, we will know in six weeks or less...
                Cheers
                Last edited by Denny Smith; 08-14-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Eagerly awaiting
                  My YouTube channel

Comment

• My suppliers theory on shipping:

“...guessing will be shown at IBC in Amsterdam and then should ship after that.”

Seems pretty solid to me. Looking at the back end of September!
                    https://vimeo.com/dalesaxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                      My suppliers theory on shipping:

“...guessing will be shown at IBC in Amsterdam and then should ship after that.”

Seems pretty solid to me. Looking at the back end of September!
                      If it's on the 28th, then I'm demanding BM send me one as a Birthday present!

Comment

• Good luck with that one Michael, btw Happy Birthday!
                        Cheers

Comment

Good luck with that one Michael, btw Happy Birthday!
                          Cheers
                          My Wife's as well.. Maybe I can get one "for her" on her birthday too.
                          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                          Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                          Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

• Well my birthday is late October, so still hope.

Comment

Good luck with that one Michael, btw Happy Birthday!
                              Cheers
                              Cheers, still a month away mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by VidShooter View Post

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...table_ssd.html

Just bolt it all to the camera. No need for cage or rails.
                                About the battery one: Oh great! The battery door is removable. I was worried it was not removable like the Pocket. This means third parties could probably make a battery door with a cable hatch, allowing us to use dummy batteries properly.

I also like the SSD adapter, though ideally you'd want one that's designed with multiple SSD sizes, like the water resistant G-Drive Apple is selling. I'd also want some kind of shoe on it, so you can mount your mic on it. And in black of course.
                                Last edited by Chris Chiasson; 08-19-2018, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X