This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paragram View Post
    I didn't say that it's an issue of the camera, but of the test pictures. (I.e. operator error.) These pictures don't really help us evaluate the camera.
    Fair enough. Waveforms on the camera would be nice, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry Mulder View Post
      Let's hope not. The skintones in the kinefinity are as yellow as my canary!
      You sure you haven't just been watching Philip Bloom's test footage? His grading sucks and always has a stingy yellow tint in the shadows - Regardless of camera.

Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

Comment

• The kinefinity, GH5S and now the pocket 4k use the same sensor. The kinefinity Terra looks jaw dropping as reviewed here. https://youtu.be/-zwYfl0kBko

I have high hopes for the pocket 4k and that Terra review has left me wondering just how much panasoinc intentionally handicapped the GH5s which still looks great and of course is a much smaller form than the Terra but to me there's quite the difference.

Comment

• im pretty sure i read or heard somewhere that this sensor is one that hasnt been used yet in other existing cameras?? I think the Terra image is amazing minus the LPF issue.

Comment

• I find it interesting that the not once does the kinefinity review mention sensor size, just shows beautiful footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tolin View Post
              You sure you haven't just been watching Philip Bloom's test footage? His grading sucks and always has a stingy yellow tint in the shadows - Regardless of camera.
              I know, I don't like his grading either. His skintones are super unnatural. I have gotten an few prores samples that were not graded and tried them out in resolve and premiere. The skintones have a super yellow /orange tint once you boost the saturation. Just like the GH5 has some yellow/orange tint hapening in the skintones, something they fixed with the GH5s. Color science of kinefinity in the Terra 4k is just not as advanced as GH5s and BM 4.0. I even tried the Mavo samples on the kinefinity website and that also had very unnatural skintones. I'm not a profesional grader, but with my bmcc I'm more then capable of making the skintones look natural in both raw and prores. Looking at any footage online from the Terra 4k you can spot the yellow tint as well, if you come across one that doesn't , please inform me. So that's why I didn't understand the comment above, just like I don't understand why everyone seems to think the footage (skintones) from PB looked great in his review of the Terra 4k.
              www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
              https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

Comment

• Is it possible to get video out over usb-c with a usb-c to hdmi cable? Seems like it would be great backup option.

Comment

• Originally posted by redshift View Post
                  Anyone else get the NAB news e-mail from Grant Petty? I noticed it had this picture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26013[/ATTACH]

I thought it might have been an error in the picture, but underneath, it also says the price is US$1,349 in text. Weird.
                  Website has been updated to the new price too. NAB isn't even over yet and they have changed the price. Still a deal but strange. I wonder what prompted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zortose View Post
                    Website has been updated to the new price too. NAB isn't even over yet and they have changed the price. Still a deal but strange. I wonder what prompted it.
                    Not sure what you're talking about, the website still says $1295 like originally stated. And the email I got shows the same price of $1295
                    Vimeo.com/dropbars

https://www.instagram.com/cook_it_off/

Comment

• Are y'all that bored right now?
                      Just took a screen shot of the current website and email. It doesn't show a price change.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 9.43.16 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 9.43.45 AM.jpg
                      Vimeo.com/dropbars

Comment

• Mine is location based. So it has 1.8k AUD

Comment

• When you change your country from USA to Canada, the price will be displayed as US$ 1,349

Comment

• Originally posted by mosesm View Post
                            When you change your country from USA to Canada, the price will be displayed as US$ 1,349
                            Cool, but the price hasn't changed from the original $1295 (US dollars) that was originally announced. Not sure why US residents would change there browser to represent a Canadian location. I'm not completely sure but I'm thinking everyone who visits the site will see the same image in US dollars. I don't think there are separate images and websites for every single currency out there. :P
                            Vimeo.com/dropbars

Comment

• Currency dependent, for conversion...

I'm seeing same price as stated, and advertised

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 9.51.16 AM.jpg

Comment

• Yep, my bad.
                                I had clicked the link in the email that listed $1349 and been sent to the Canadian site.
                                US site still shows $1295.
                                Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X