This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
    It's the same frames that are shown on the BMD sales page for the camera.
    The pics on EOSHD look super grainy and noisy so I'm not sure those are actual frames from original footage.
    I think you're thinking of some other photos. The ones he's referring to started showing up about an hour ago. They were shot at NAB, in UHD at 3200 ISO. The first photo shows up on page 45 of that thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyger11 View Post
      I think you're thinking of some other photos. The ones he's referring to started showing up about an hour ago. They were shot at NAB, in UHD at 3200 ISO. The first photo shows up on page 45 of that thread.
      Ah.. Well in the words of the great Emily Latella: "That's very different.... Nevermind!"
      Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
      Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
      Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

• 1. It is probably widest camera ever made
        2. Microphone placement is crazy. When you hold camera you probably always will touch microphone by the finger and produce noise.
        All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

• Originally posted by shijan View Post
          1. It is probably widest camera ever made
          2. Microphone placement is crazy. When you hold camera you probably always will touch microphone by the finger and produce noise.
          True on both accounts.

Although I can't imagine any instance where I would have this camera in my hands without a cage, shoulder rig, or gimbal.
          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
          Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
          Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Checkmate
            Linhof_000113_Technorama617.jpg

Three inches wider.

Comment

• It is nice Photo camera that can shoot video in RAW as an option. It is usable as is, but it is just 100% opposite to cinema camera ergonomics. Hope they will release Micro Cinema 4K later.
              All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

It is nice Photo camera that can shoot video in RAW as an option. It is usable as is, but it is just 100% opposite to cinema camera ergonomics. Hope they will release Micro Cinema 4K later.
                With the rise of gimbals, I don't think "cinema camera ergonomics" should be judged the same way as in the past. Even something tiny like an FS5 will have trouble on a one-handled gimbal. The biggest issues with a cinema camera this size are the lack of ND and C-AF, but as with any camera of any type, it depends on your use case. Put this on a tripod and all that goes away, and it becomes the best tripod-mounted camera for the money until you get to the EVA1 at over $7k USD more. Frankly, because of the EF mount decision on the EVA1, if the Pocket 4K winds up delivering on the promise of its specs, I'd probably go with the Pocket 4K over the EVA1 simply for that reason in many cases.

Comment

Yeah. Plus it's gonna record your hand operating the lens and camera. I think it'd be better if they swapped the vents, and put the mics there, and the vents where the mics are. That way, they're out of way of operation, and further away from hand operation.

Comment

• Someone say new camera? What'd I miss?

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

• LOL!!! Love you Kholi You've been missed!

Comment

It is nice Photo camera that can shoot video in RAW as an option. It is usable as is, but it is just 100% opposite to cinema camera ergonomics. Hope they will release Micro Cinema 4K later.
                        The cinema camera had NO ergonomics. This one feels nice in your hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kholi View Post

Someone say new camera? What'd I miss?
                          LOL! You can at least tell us if your testing this one, right? Telling us if you're testing isn't against BMD's "NDA" is it? We usually know all the tester prior to release, anyways. :P
                          Last edited by Timothy Cook; 04-10-2018, 04:10 PM.
                          Vimeo.com/dropbars

https://www.instagram.com/cook_it_off/

Comment

• Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                            I LOOOVE that 5-inch screen though! This is really the Cinema Camera V2 and I think that is the best of all possible outcomes.
                            I agree! I love everything about your statement. I'm super happy they decided to go bigger and give us all these feature. The 5" screen, the size, and the feature set all seem to hit the sweet spot
                            Vimeo.com/dropbars

https://www.instagram.com/cook_it_off/

Comment

• Wow, grading just those jpgs that got posted alone is a dream. I was thinking of holding onto the UM4K but for what I usually do this pretty much destroys it and might as well sell it for a second one..
                              Darren Hartman
                              Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

• Yea. I wanted to try a darker, warmer vibe with those jpegs. I figured the jpeg being 8 bit was gonna cause some problems, and it definitely does, but overall it looks pretty good I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X