Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So according to a BMD staff member it will weight 750 grams. That's twice the weight of a BMPCC.

And it has a windowed HD format as well. Good if you shoot with 16mm glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTNab0DujNg
    Last edited by Tomas Stacewicz; 04-10-2018, 07:53 AM.
    https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

Camera
    Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
    Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
    LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
    Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
    Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

Workstation
    Windows 10 Pro
    Resolve 12.5.4.019
    ASUS X99-A
    Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
    16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
    Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
    Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

• So I'm guessing BMD isn't letting people pop an SD card into the cameras on the show floor to grab some footage?

Comment

• Very tempted. I'm all EF glass right now so my questions would be how much is the adapter and how good are the mic preamps? Looking forward to some tests...

Comment

• Of course it's bigger and heavier. It's a whole lot more camera, in every way, than the Pocket was.

Comment

• Originally posted by CamWilliamsPhoto View Post
            So who is getting in line for a Pre Order?
            I did

For what this camera offers at that price point along with a full version of resolve itís almost ridiculous not to have one in your kit for whatever.

Comment

• Question? Since the new Pocket allows USB-C drives, would it be possible to use a USB-C Thumb drive to serve as cheap way to record the 4k Raw footage? For example something like this http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...+c+thumb+drive

Comment

• Curious note. It's 7 inches wide. That's .5 inch wider than the BMCC which fits snugly into Ronin M.

I'm curious how much the BMPCC4k weighs.
                Steve Lee Jean
                Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
                  Question? Since the new Pocket allows USB-C drives, would it be possible to use a USB-C Thumb drive to serve as cheap way to record the 4k Raw footage? For example something like this http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...+c+thumb+drive
                  As long as it’s fast enough. I didn’t see exacts speeds but they said they recommend ssd usb-c drives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarlacc View Post
                    As long as it’s fast enough. I didn’t see exacts speeds but they said they recommend ssd usb-c drives.
                    So I am guessing we don't know how fast, is fast enough as of yet?

Comment

• Have they mentioned how soon we might see footage from the camera? I know Grant Petty mentioned later this week that he would start messing with it himself but that seemed like just an offhanded joke.

Comment

So I am guessing we don't know how fast, is fast enough as of yet?
                        If the camera needs CFast 2.0 for raw and high speed, I would make a guesstimate based off that.

Comment

Question? Since the new Pocket allows USB-C drives, would it be possible to use a USB-C Thumb drive to serve as cheap way to record the 4k Raw footage? For example something like this http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...+c+thumb+drive
                          Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by innerspark View Post

I'm curious how much the BMPCC4k weighs.
                            750 Gramm. Source: Guy from BLACKMAGIC in some interview.

Comment

• The size BMPCC4k compared to other cinema cameras and DSLRs. Just to get an idea of how big this thing really is.

And from the side

The deeper the camera, the more likely that it's front view size isn't accurate in these comparisons since the views aren't orthographic projections. In theory, there would be less inaccuracy in the height if I used the side view for reference but then the width of the camera causes issues there. A top view would have been more useful for the depth comparison but that wasn't available for all cameras.

So yea, this is just for ballpark comparisons.
                              Last edited by Myownfriend; 04-10-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it s a plan. Thumb drives aren't built for reliable high-speed use, they're really just a convenience for medium sized files, so many don't have a write speed anywhere near USB-C's bus speed, and it'd take some research and trial-and-error to get ones that can even manage the 96MB/s of 4k DCI 4:1 RAW. Most thumb drives cap out around 60 MB/s write speed in practice. In contrast we should be able to manage UHD 4:1 RAW @ 24p on all our old SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I cards, which would be the same price as a USB-C thumb drive (assuming you don't already have a bunch) and have the added benefit of not being a three inch thumb drive sticking sideways out of the camera begging to get bumped.

Even a popular HDD based USB-C dive, like LaCie Rugged 2TB, is going to be much more consistent than thumb drives (claim 130 MB/s write, 117 MB/s in practice), giving you 15x the capacity of a 128GB thumb drive for 2.5x the price.

If you want uncompressed RAW then you're going to need an SSD.

Comment

Working...
                                X