No announcement yet.

Mosaic OLPF v2 installation problems, tips and tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinjan, would you be willing to put up DNG frames from your raw comparison to download?

Comment

It seems i deleted those RAW files long time ago
      All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

I've been noticing that even with the V2 olpf installed I'm still getting a bit of moire in some shots, more specifically if I'm shooting a landscape of a bunch of houses some of the more distant tile roofs will show moire. But I guess the pattern is so far and so fine it's fitting into or maybe above a category 10 of shijans tests.

In any case I can't imagine how bad it'd be without the olpf, in this situation if the camera doesn't move you can't tell, you can see it though if you move.

Comment

Can you post some video cilps? I was thinking about getting the V2 olpf for my BMCC but don't see a point if it doesn't get rid of it.

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
          I've been noticing that even with the V2 olpf installed I'm still getting a bit of moire in some shots, more specifically if I'm shooting a landscape of a bunch of houses some of the more distant tile roofs will show moire. But I guess the pattern is so far and so fine it's fitting into or maybe above a category 10 of shijans tests.

In any case I can't imagine how bad it'd be without the olpf, in this situation if the camera doesn't move you can't tell, you can see it though if you move.
          Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

unfortunately my upload speed is absolutely abysmal but here's a crop of it. It's not too bad but definitely not all gone. This is shot with a Samyang 16mm and hoya pro 8 ND.

For some reason all the files I'm uploading are coming up tiny so I've used imgur.

You can see the moire in the roof top, a bit sad because it's not that far away. However the 16mm may also be effecting it. It's not terribly distracting but it is there. However! I feel this filter shines best when it comes to clothes, I've yet to have any trouble and the other week we did the 48 hour film festival here and our actor was wearing a shirt with a collar that had fine line patterns on it and I had no moire. So It does help, just depends how harsh it is I guess and the lenses sharpness/ distance to the subject.
            https://i.imgur.com/A9OO3Ou.jpg

The IR cut with the Hoya Pro works really well though. This has coloured mid/shadow tones pushed toward red/orange so Ignore that. I was trying to get some sort of kodak film look :P, still learning!
            https://i.imgur.com/nbgRaXc.jpg

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics - that actually makes me feel a lot better, since I don't think either of those are too bad. I've mostly been dealing with it in clients shirts/jackets which is why I'm trying to decide on buying it.
              Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbaker View Post
                Thanks for posting the pics - that actually makes me feel a lot better, since I don't think either of those are too bad. I've mostly been dealing with it in clients shirts/jackets which is why I'm trying to decide on buying it.
                On the first page of this thread there are a lot of before/after samples and filter installation tips.
                RAW with OLPF filter produce less aliasing and looks slightly sharper than ProRes without OLPF filter.
                RAW without OLPF filter produce tons of aliasing and looks way more sharper than ProRes without OLPF filter.
                All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

Working...
                X