Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's coming at IBC?

Pocket V2 perhaps?

Much as the market needs a 4K Pocket*, I will have to remain skeptical until I actually see one.

*No one makes an affordable, m4/3 4K camera shooting RAW.
    Last edited by Jim Simon; 09-15-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

All I really want from a Pocket V2 is better battery life. It's the only thing keeping me from flying it on a Zhiyun Crane. 60p is a close second but hell, if there's an extra stop of light there too - shut up and take my money.

Comment

The Micro Cinema camera can meet those needs now, no need to wait. Better battery life, 1080p60, faster sensor readout, and should work on the crane just fine.
        Cheers

Comment

Id like to see the 4.6 sensor in a small cam, bmpc, type body. It can be stripped down in functionality for cooling if needed.

Comment

I love the form factor of the BMPCC and BMMCC so let's see an upgraded 4K version

Comment

Hopefully, more firmware updates with stuff promised for the URSA mini's they did have a lot of momentum with updates for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
                The Micro Cinema camera can meet those needs now, no need to wait. Better battery life, 1080p60, faster sensor readout, and should work on the crane just fine.
                Cheers
                Sure but there is no screen?? You can't expect me to fly that thing with an external monitor. Maybe some camera gurus are able to do that blind, but not me. And I think that's a ridiculous thing to work around to begin with.

Comment

You are not going to see the Pocket camera screen when ithe camera is up on a crane? You are going to need a monitor at the operator's position anyway. I do not see an issue with adding a monitor like thevEmallHH 701 or a BM Video Assist.
                  Cheers

Comment

The Zhiyun Crane is a one-handed gimbal, not an actual crane.

Comment

And a very nice one!

Comment

The latest breed of gimbals have a 45deg. tilted rear arm, so you can see the screen.
                        Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't think there will be anything new from BM. They just released the ursa mini pro 6 months ago(hopefully a new firmware upgrade coming soon), and just released davinci resolve 14. What more do you need.

Comment

I'd expect hardware for use with Fairlight.

Comment

Originally posted by vonner View Post
                              The Zhiyun Crane is a one-handed gimbal, not an actual crane.
                              Ah, understand. However, you can mount the new lightweight SmallHD 5-inch monitor with its built in bracket on top, back or anywhere inbwteeen on the Micro camera, and get the screen aligned where you need it. How do you like the Zhiryun crane/gimbal?
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X