Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmagic video assist Summer promo

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...p?f=13&t=60862

I don't necessarily need a monitor with recording capabilities, but have been looking for a halfway decent monitor. Are these worth it just for that?

Comment

Originally posted by TravisA View Post
      I don't necessarily need a monitor with recording capabilities, but have been looking for a halfway decent monitor. Are these worth it just for that?
      It really depends on your needs. This monitor might just barely be a half way decent monitor. At the prices in the sale it is amazing if you need recording. If you need reliable color and to be able to see it in broad daylight it is much less appealing. That being said it is better than any of the similar priced China monitors and it includes recording or even playback, which, depending on your productions could be a great feature.

Comment

Very tempted to pick up a 4k video assist. I had an incident on a job a few weeks back where a card wouldn't read when trying to offload the footage. Scared the shit out of me, and almost cost me payment on the job. I was eventually able to use a data recovery program to access and backup the shots, and get paid, but ever since then I've been thinking about redundancy. 4k Video Assist seems like great backup solution for that, and as a bonus I get a nice 7" onboard for my AC to pull focus with.

Comment

Has anyone found a 256GB card that works reliably for 4k recording?

Comment

How many nits/brightness have the 4K version?

Comment

Where can I get this price? B&H still has it at $895.

Comment

https://www.adorama.com/bmvideoas4.html

B&H should change soon...

Comment

Does anyone know if the panel is the same one used on the Ursa Minis?

Comment

I asked a very long time ago if the 5" was the same as the big URSA's 10" and was told yes.

Comment

And yes, BM has confirmed also, the 5-inch VA uses the same 5-inch panel as the Ursa Minis use.
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
                        Where can I get this price? B&H still has it at $895.
                        B&H had he correct price and then it changed. I ordered mine over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by kgimedia View Post
                          It really depends on your needs. This monitor might just barely be a half way decent monitor. At the prices in the sale it is amazing if you need recording. If you need reliable color and to be able to see it in broad daylight it is much less appealing. That being said it is better than any of the similar priced China monitors and it includes recording or even playback, which, depending on your productions could be a great feature.
                          Thanks you. It would mainly be for focus pulling or giving the director a look, so I'm not necessarily worried about the color accuracy.

Never thought of using this for redundancy though. Think I'll grab the 4k.

Comment

Just too good of a deal. We picked one up. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Does it have the same anamorphic desqueeze options as the Ursa?

Comment

Working...
                              X