Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big URSA is dead.....has to be when they are giving them away free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this being offered anywhere else? Link in OP requires registration but that process seems to be bugged on the site. Adorama had it but now it's sold out or not available. Thanks.

Comment

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...i_pro_and.html

Comment

Thank you! Only offers to preorder but went ahead and did it.

Comment

Seems odd that B & H would have it as a pre order, as at best it should be clearing stock on hand. I assumed they were working an angle on the ursa loyalty deal by including v1 ursa pl, which they had already marked down to $2999 a while back, hence the final price of $500 over the mini pro alone. They have a lot of pull so maybe are able to bring in more warehouse stock to extend the deal.

I haven't found any Canadian dealers making this offer, although none seem to have big ursa said in stock, Vistek for example lists the 4K pl as special order for $6000, I doubt they sell many.

I would love to be able to jump on this deal, but funding is not in place, also international pre orders are charged in full right away, so if we end up with an extended wait for regular 4.6 deliveries I'm out the cash and no camera, though I'm sure the big ursa's will go out as soon as re stocked. Further if there are any sensor issues may be trickier doing returns, with customs and all...

Sigh, like I said before, I'd take the $500 ursa at cost, for anyone ordering just because it's a great deal, but doesn't really need it. You'd be giving a boost to no budget filmmaking in a non industry town without rental options.we've done 2 features on pocket and looking to step up a bit.

Comment

It's just a temporary "preorder"....the URSA PL is not in stock.

It will change when they get more.

Comment

I just received my Ursa Mini Pro and URSA 4k PL from adorama. Came in a big box with separate boxes for both cameras (so no special packaging or anything like that). Will sell the URSA 4k PL, and once I do some tests on the Ursa Mini Pro, I'll sell my original Ursa Mini 4.6k.

If anyone wants any 4.6k vs Pro tests done, let me know and I'll see if I can get to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrouty View Post
                I just received my Ursa Mini Pro and URSA 4k PL from adorama. Came in a big box with separate boxes for both cameras (so no special packaging or anything like that). Will sell the URSA 4k PL, and once I do some tests on the Ursa Mini Pro, I'll sell my original Ursa Mini 4.6k.

If anyone wants any 4.6k vs Pro tests done, let me know and I'll see if I can get to them.
                Two copies of davinci resolve? Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_R View Post
                  Two copies of davinci resolve? Just curious...
                  I would assume so. Both boxes appeared to be the sealed standard retail boxes. I opened the Ursa Mini Pro box and it had a copy sitting on top. I am leaving the Ursa 4k PL box sealed for the buyer.

Comment

Compare audio in as many ways as you feel like. The claims are that the Pro is significantly superior in audio than the Mini 4.6K. Thanks for the offer to perform some comparison tests.

Comment

Prediction, URSA turret and sensor change is not dead. The next URSA upgrades will be 6k and 8k. They won't be cheap but it will be reasonable. The faithful who bought in will get a deal. Those who took this deal will pay the original price of the URSA pl. Bang you are stuck with 2 bodies for 13k or 14k at 15 or higher stops on the URSA with 180 fps at 6k.

Our jaws will drop just like 2012.

Also Vic Harris will rise from the dead.

Comment

The BH deal was supposed to be in stock today but changed from "In stock 3/24" to "Coming soon". I contacted BH support and they said there was a delay, they'll be in stock/will ship early April.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrouty View Post
                          Just picked up an Ursa Mini Pro + URSA combo from Adorama. I'm an Ursa Mini 4.6k owner and was firmly in the 'not going to upgrade' camp because I was very content with my 4.6k non-pro. But this was too good of a deal to pass up. Not sure if I'll end up selling or keeping the Ursa 4k PL, but I figure I can get at least $500 for it
                          I think there are plenty of people (like me) who would kick in the extra $500 for the 4k PL big URSA, if someone wanted to purchase the new mini-pro but did not want the other camera. It's less heavy than the Alexa Studio..........

Comment

I had the bundle on pre-order from B&H, and was also hoping for shipment today. I canceled after I contacted and ultimately ordered from G&G Technologies (www.ggvideo.com). I believe they said it was their last in stock, but wouldn't hurt to confirm with them and to always check with the various **authorized** retailers that BM lists. (I learned this from watching people blow by the RED waiting list and ordering through dealers)
                            Shooting random videos on the 4.6k:
                            https://vimeo.com/stephenplusplus

Comment

Originally posted by stephenplusplus View Post
                              I had the bundle on pre-order from B&H, and was also hoping for shipment today. I canceled after I contacted and ultimately ordered from G&G Technologies (www.ggvideo.com). I believe they said it was their last in stock, but wouldn't hurt to confirm with them and to always check with the various **authorized** retailers that BM lists. (I learned this from watching people blow by the RED waiting list and ordering through dealers)
                              Thanks for the heads up. I'll check with them. I have a BH preorder but it makes me nervous that it's not in stock.

Are there any other more obscure (but reputable/reliable) video suppliers that I might want to check in with?
                              Last edited by TravisA; 03-24-2017, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marckusw View Post
                                ... Vic Harris will rise from the dead.
                                I have seen. He walks the earth. Rejoice and be glad!

Comment

Working...
                                X