Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big URSA is dead.....has to be when they are giving them away free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
    Zak, you could ask BMD, but I don’t believe that option has been offered in the past. Honestly, when the 4.6K turrets are released, most people will upgrade their $495 URSA 4K v1 to the latest and greatest.
    Wow, so you really ARE holding out that this magical 4.6 turret will actually get released. Personally, I think you'll have an easier finding a unicorn.

Comment

Anyone remember when they first announced the Ursa there was a body that was basically a recording deck with a platform to mount a bmpcc, mirrorless, dslr? It was a great idea that could make those small cameras much more production friendly. Pics and prices where on the BMD site...then it magically disappeared, not a word.

Comment

Wonder what the Las Vegas odds makers are thinking. It might be a coin toss, but I'm sure BMD will not be able to brush aside the inquiries they'll have in many interviews at NAB 2017 unless they make a formal announcement.

Comment

Just dawned on me that if you can sell the resolve dongle for $500' you would be getting big ursa for free. I assume the big ursa includes its copy of resolve. Checking to see if any of my m42 lenses would fit in the Russian adapter

Comment

My money is on the turrets still being released but I think this version of the Ursa body is done. I think we'll see something larger than the mini with more functionality (frame rates, internal nd, maybe global shutter) better ergonomics like the ump and much lighter than the current Ursa. They'll figure out the turret for the current body but that'll be the end of the line for the big boy. Its benefits are literally outweighed but its drawbacks.

Comment

Damn. If you have a Mini 4.6k, you could potentially get this bundle, sell the URSA plus a copy of Resolve (or two, if you get one with each camera), sell your own Mini 4.6k, then come out with the Mini Pro 4.6K plus a few hundred dollars profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zak Forsman View Post
                curious, if I was to pick up this bundle, could i hypothetically send the URSA 4k to BMD for a (paid) upgrade from v1 to v2?
                quoting myself here to follow-up. heard back from BMD, "There is no upgrade path for the v2 sensor other than to purchase a new camera as the sensor is not sold separately."
                DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
                THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Comment

You will definitely find very cheap V2 EF URSAs in the future.

A $500 investment for the PL now could be worth it, but it will be a waiting game if you don't have any PL lenses.

The question is if a V2 turret will work on a V1 body. Don't see why not, but you know how it is.

Comment

Does this mean no one wants to buy my Ursa PL V1 for $2500

Guess I'm going to keep it and hope for the upgrade!

Comment

Quick question for existing 4k ursa owners. Is there a windowed 1080 mode for all frame rates, or does it just automatically become windowed for high frame rate slow mo. I ask because I have some 16mm glass that could be converted to PL fairly cheaply. The 1080 area of the sensor should be smaller than the current pocket, so standard 16 zoom should cover.

Comment

received direct confirmation from a rep at BMD that said the 4.6k turret is not scrapped. they are going to continue to work on it but cannot offer a timeline.
                        DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                          Quick question for existing 4k ursa owners. Is there a windowed 1080 mode for all frame rates, or does it just automatically become windowed for high frame rate slow mo. I ask because I have some 16mm glass that could be converted to PL fairly cheaply. The 1080 area of the sensor should be smaller than the current pocket, so standard 16 zoom should cover.

You can window the sensor on all frame rates I believe. I've done it before in a pinch when I needed some extra mm on a 135mm lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Zak Forsman View Post
                            received direct confirmation from a rep at BMD that said the 4.6k turret is not scrapped. they are going to continue to work on it but cannot offer a timeline.
                            In reality, would a rep tell you it was scrapped if they really knew? What else are they going to say, haha.

Any written communication is probably tracked for performance evaluation, and customer service protocol is followed.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
                              In reality, would a rep tell you it was scrapped if they really knew? What else are they going to say, haha.

Any written communication is probably tracked for performance evaluation, and customer service protocol is followed.
                              "in reality" I don't think people that work at BMD are going out of their way to lie to us. i take them at their word. the rep was Tony Rivera who we all know. he said he spoke to "Tim" on the engineering team to get this answer. I believe them when they say they are still pursuing it at this time.

Comment

well they still have the 4.6 ursa listed as a product, and being upgradable on the official website, just no clear delivery timeline. On the Ursa page the 4K has a buy now button, the 4.6 says Q4, which I thought was last year, but haven't indicated a year, so giving themselves till q4 this year maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X