Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

    Hi there! As you may know i'm a developer of Angle HDMI Clamp Kit http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?19...e-HDMI-adapter and co-designer of SmallRig BMMCC cage. My next attempt in this line of projects was the camera handle, but it seems things moving slowly and i decide to release Angle Expansion Box Module first.
    Box uses high quality connectors made by Lumberg (Germany). It takes months to test a lot of different connectors before choose proper ones, especially DC power which should work smoothly with BMMCC power plug same as with another more simple ones. Angle shape provides compact and secure cable management, no more mess of wires around camera. Fits perfectly to size and shape of BMMCC Angle HDMI Clamp Kit. Compatible with SmallRig and Wooden Camera cages. Compatible with other BMMCC controllers.
    For request 3.5mm jack can be wired to 2 PWM channels or to S.Bus. Other connectors are 2.5 jack LANC and camera DC power in.

    Currently this project is in final stage of development. Hope expansion box will be available in month or so. Price will be around $25-$50. Worldwide shipping with registered air mail about $5.

    For more details send me a private message or contact directly to radioproektor (@) gmail . com





    Last edited by shijan; 02-13-2017, 12:42 AM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

  • #2
    Nice Drawings.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just few more detailed quick renders. It may look simple but this box is real puzzle. work still in progress . . .

      vga for print out.jpgvga for print cap.jpgvga for print in.jpg
      Last edited by shijan; 02-11-2017, 04:25 AM.
      All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shijan View Post
        Just few more detailed quick renders. It may look simple but this box is real puzzle. work still in progress . . .

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]22968[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22966[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22967[/ATTACH]
        I think that you should stop posting 3D print images and post a finish product. I like to see something that I can buy. Show me the product and a price. I don't think these people have the time to look at 3D prints. Just my opinion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bino View Post
          I think that you should stop posting 3D print images and post a finish product. I like to see something that I can buy. Show me the product and a price. I don't think these people have the time to look at 3D prints. Just my opinion.
          I post that renders because i'm not a company or gear manufacturer. And this is a discussion forum thread, not For Sale / Want to Buy. It is a semi DIY project and i'll be happy to hear constructive feedback and suggestions from other people. Please understand that i start develop all that ecosystem around Micro camera not because i wish to get huge commercial profits, but because i just need that gear for personal usage and for unknown reason nobody didn't develop it yet. Random companies and people makes nice controllers, cages, monitors and handles for this camera but don't bother how their stuff will be work all together. As result we got a dangerous mess of wires around camera body and camera rigs that can't be simple dropped to the bag without worry to break hdmi port or something so, or that takes 20 minutes so disassemble them every time. Micro camera itself is very unusual thing.
          My aim is to transform BMMCC into small documentary/travel camera but same time don't cut ergonomics in it, as it was done in Pocket camera.
          All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shijan View Post
            My aim is to transform BMMCC into small documentary/travel camera but same time don't cut ergonomics in it, as it was done in Pocket camera.
            Keep up the good work!
            https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

            Camera
            Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
            Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
            LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
            Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
            Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

            Workstation
            Windows 10 Pro
            Resolve 12.5.4.019
            ASUS X99-A
            Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
            16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
            ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
            Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
            Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shijan View Post
              I post that renders because i'm not a company or gear manufacturer. And this is a discussion forum thread, not For Sale / Want to Buy. It is a semi DIY project and i'll be happy to hear constructive feedback and suggestions from other people. Please understand that i start develop all that ecosystem around Micro camera not because i wish to get huge commercial profits, but because i just need that gear for personal usage and for unknown reason nobody didn't develop it yet. Random companies and people makes nice controllers, cages, monitors and handles for this camera but don't bother how their stuff will be work all together. As result we got a dangerous mess of wires around camera body and camera rigs that can't be simple dropped to the bag without worry to break hdmi port or something so, or that takes 20 minutes so disassemble them every time. Micro camera itself is very unusual thing.
              My aim is to transform BMMCC into small documentary/travel camera but same time don't cut ergonomics in it, as it was done in Pocket camera.

              Gotcha. Your original post didn't specify that you wanted constructive criticism. It clearly said that you're the maker of the HDMI clamp and you're making an angle expansion port box. I clearly see a price range and shipping rate. I understand what you are trying to sell, I mean build. Keep up the good work. Don't forget to post the finish product and the price (including shipping to the U.S.). I'm a backer.

              Comment


              • #8
                same edge radius as in Ugreen angle HDMI adapter. Also seems this shape allow more natural cable flow.

                vga for print777.jpg
                Last edited by shijan; 02-11-2017, 12:18 PM.
                All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes def better with the rounded off edges.
                  One thing I wanted to mention was in your first post you show the pic with an HDMI clamp attached.
                  Will the HDMI type lead illustrated not impede on the power socket if used immediately below?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No, No, keep,posting the various renderings, I,love it! Makes you feel like your are (and are) participating in the development - good show!

                    Now, for my 2cents worth, like the dovetail on the cover to make the box nice and strong, and keeps back aligned for a faster, or it could have slightly larger tab, that would "snap" in place on the box, eliminating the screw complications, then the camera mounting screw on the DB15 plug, would hold the unit on the camera. You mentioned, I think, this will also work with the Woodn Camera Micro cage, hope so, as that is what I have.

                    Keep up the good work,
                    Cheers
                    Last edited by Denny Smith; 02-11-2017, 01:43 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Shijan,

                      If you're inserting a 2.5mm for 2 PWM connections, are you building a remote? Why not build an angle VGA box with 12v and Lanc connections only?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bino View Post
                        Shijan,

                        If you're inserting a 2.5mm for 2 PWM connections, are you building a remote? Why not build an angle VGA box with 12v and Lanc connections only?
                        No, i don't have any planes to build a remote because already there are lot of very nice lanc and s.bus remotes. But i have a plane to build a compact side handle with simple rec/stop pwm button and dedicated rosette mount.
                        All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nux View Post
                          Yes def better with the rounded off edges.
                          One thing I wanted to mention was in your first post you show the pic with an HDMI clamp attached.
                          Will the HDMI type lead illustrated not impede on the power socket if used immediately below?
                          There is enough space. If slightly bend cables you can use all together without any problem.
                          All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shijan View Post
                            No, i don't have any planes to build a remote because already there are lot of very nice lanc and s.bus remotes. But i have a plane to build a compact side handle with simple rec/stop pwm button and dedicated rosette mount.
                            That would be cool. People are looking for that. I fully support new innovations. Try to add auto focus to the handle. I don't use auto focus but everyone else uses it these days and they are asking for a handle with auto focus functions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post

                              Now, for my 2cents worth, like the dovetail on the cover to make the box nice and strong, and keeps back aligned for a faster, or it could have slightly larger tab, that would "snap" in place on the box, eliminating the screw complications, then the camera mounting screw would hold the unit on the camera cage. You mentioned, I think, this will also work with the Woodn Camera Micro cage, hope so, as that is what
                              there is a problem with attaching this box directly to cage because cages are different and because in same cage camera may move slightly out center position. This may work if don't fix d-sub connector in box, but i don't like this way. Earlier I used angle vga adapter. it screwed directly to the camera metal bory and feels very very secure. No any shakes or feeling that something can be damaged or bended. Later i cut and disassemble this adapter (as you can see on the first photo) for better understanding how d-sub connectors attached to shell
                              All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X