Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie Roll
    replied
    Hey Shijan,

Is this batch modified to work with the Wooden Camera cage or are the dimensions the same as the prior version? If it fits the WC cage I'll take one. You have my email, send me an invoice.

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by goose23 View Post
    Will your box work with the One Little Remote Lite?
    Yes, it will work but you should made simple DIY custom cable - 4pole jack to 3 pole jack. See this post http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post244895

Leave a comment:

• goose23
    replied
    Will your box work with the One Little Remote Lite?

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Aluminum housings arrived few hours ago! Quality is really outstanding!
    I need to setup some final adjustments in workflow (grind down small corners from internal washers to fit electronic components) and probably will be ready to start to fill preorders queue in few days.

CNC manufacture is many times more expensive than earlier 3D printed models, this forced me to raise the price a little. But i am afraid that higher price may slow down things a lot.

Another way is to keep the price same and rely to additional donations from people who can afford it.
    Less price -> less profits form single box but more boxes sold -> faster manufacture, better availability -> nice overall total profit -> more new useful stuff for BMMCC in future

What is your opinion about this?

Leave a comment:

• EliottG
    replied
    Glad to see next batches will be made out aluminum!
    As I said last month, I’m still in the waiting list and will be ready to purchase as soon as it’s ready to ship.

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    This time photos taken for me at the factory are not too perfect but the boxes looks promising! This is final batch aluminum CNC made. Package will arrive to my place at February 06

(BTW it is funny how much better and more usable for grading appears photos from 8 years old iPhone 3GS with 3MP resolution (but with less compressed and less de-noised images) than current 22.56-megapixel Xiaomi Mi Note 2 (and 99.9% of all other modern smartphones as well). Smartphones became better but smartphone camera image processing quality became worse and worse.)

Last edited by shijan; 02-05-2018, 02:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    If someone else interested send me your email to radioproektor (@) gmail . com and i will let you know when Expansion Boxes will be available.

Please specify do you need S.Bus or PWM or any other pinout for 3.5mm jack socket? You can change pinout any time later but it just be easier to use Expansion Box without any intervention.

Little FAQ:
    PWM is very simple DIY friendly interface but slightly limited. It is great if you need only few external buttons. With 3.5mm stereo jack you can use two PWM channels. For example with simple On/Off switchers you can control Record/Stop and ISO. See this video how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSQxtKEWFl8 Anyway if you need S.Bus in future you can open the box, take tweezers and carefully change positions of BLUE and GREEN cables.
    S.Bus is more complicated interface. It can control all camera options with one single cable, but needs external power and Arduino based controller.
    LANC is another type of common interface. It is always mapped to separate bottom 2.5mm jack socket and can be used simultaneously with PWM/S.Bus.
    Here is nice thread about different controllers options http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20363
    Last edited by shijan; 01-20-2018, 01:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mgrunca
    replied
    Hei there, I'm also interested in ordering this expansion box for my BMMCC. What is the procedure?

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Got deal with LanParte factory today! They can manufacture small batch of CNC machined Aluminum alloy enclosures in about 10 days + 5-7 days takes delivery to my place.

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Just remind you that full specs and pinout charts of my Expansion Box and BMMCC camera always available here http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20371
    As you can see here http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post231380 LANC power is very similar to 5v S.Bus power. Electronics usually use internal voltage regulators so probably you can use 5v out power same as LANC power without any problem.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Smith
    replied
    Well, thanks to Shijan and Phil, I have the pin outs for both the OLG Lite remote and Shijan’s breakout box. Turns out a simple patch cable, going from Phill’s TRRS, to a TRS that matches the breakout box is the way to go. I am going to get a pre-wired TRRS cable to tinned ends, and connect a TRS connector, as follows (for anyone wanting to make one):

Phil OLG Remote. To Shijan Break out box
    Tip (Lanc signal). to Not used*
    Ring 1 5VDC power. to Tip
    Ring 2 SBus Signal. to Ring
    Sleeve Ground. to Sleeve

* Phil’s OLR Lite has a Talley light for recording active mode that uses this connection, so you loose the Talley light.
    If you are not using a Lanc Remote like the BM Handle (which I am) you can make a dual TRS to the TRRS connector to add Lanc signal back to Phil’s OLG Lite tip connector, and plug the second cable into Shijan’s Lanc port on the breakout box.

Thanks Shijan for working this all out.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 01-16-2018, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alex.Mitchell
    replied
    This just keeps getting cooler and cooler...

Leave a comment:

• Denny Smith
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Shijan, can I buy one of your samples to run a test I am interested in trying? Use the $ for R&D Support, say $20 USD? I want to make a one off adapter.
    Cheers
    I'll PM you about this

Leave a comment:

• Denny Smith
    replied
    Shijan, can I buy one of your samples to run a test I am interested in trying? Use the $ for R&D Support, say $20 USD? I want to make a one off adapter.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X