Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stelvis View Post
    the second version looks pretty good for FDM style 3d printing....

can't some of the SLA printers use similar resins to this?

eg: https://formlabs.com/materials/engineering/
    SLA prints too expensive and too slow for batch production. And same as DLP print i posted earlier, it printed with supports structure which not easy to remove.

I'll better try FDM printing with black PET plastic (same as used in bottles for water). It is also low shrinkage, easier to print, resistant to impact loads (about 85-95 Shore Type D) and guaranteed usable in temps from -40 to +70С.
    Last edited by shijan; 03-17-2017, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stelvis
    replied
    the second version looks pretty good for FDM style 3d printing....

can't some of the SLA printers use similar resins to this?

eg: https://formlabs.com/materials/engineering/

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Material Elastan D70, printed on FlashForge Creator Pro FDM 3D printer with layer thickness 0.1mm
    People from printing lab still testing setup and printer settings...
    Still not perfect...

IMG_20170315_170430.jpgIMG_20170315_170443.jpg
    Last edited by shijan; 03-18-2017, 01:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stelvis
    replied
    really interesting info on the build Shijan - will definitely take stock of your research

keep it coming

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    OK people, some news here:
    After long research i dropped the concept of DIY silicone molding and plastic casting because it appears too complicated, requires a lot of additional gear, results are not always predictable, and experiments may take many months. Also i find that those plastic casting materials are not too heat resistant and can deform under extreme sun. It is also problematic to get a neutral deep black color with them.
    So i return to concept of 3D printed box. I tested few different FDM 3D printers and find that they can produce very different results depending of used material and printer brand. Also instead of unpredictable fragile ABS plastic i find Elastan D70 - new industrial material developed by local manufacturer. It is solid but same time slightly elastic and resistant to impact loads (95 Shore Type D). Usable in temps from -40 to +120 С. Resistant to UV light, X-ray, wet, oils, fats and many solvents, safe for food contact, low shrinkage durable material.
    Internal part of the box was also redesigned. It became much stronger now.
    In day or so i'll get a first test sample of printed box so we can see how it looks, how it feels and do a crash test with heavy hammer.

Last edited by shijan; 10-29-2017, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LJR
    replied
    I'm in too! Thanks Shijan—looks awesome

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by jeromev View Post
    Please count me in.
    Originally posted by ericsanpablo View Post
    definitely interested
    ok.

Leave a comment:

• jeromev
    replied
    Originally posted by shijan View Post
    Ok, i added you to the list of potential customers too.

BTW if someone else potentially interested in this adapter P.M., me, send email of post messages here. This helps me to understand how many copies to produce in first batch and send them all together without delay.
    Please count me in.

Leave a comment:

• ericsanpablo
    replied
    definitely interested

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie Roll View Post
    So for clarity the final product will have DC input jack and 1 female 2.5mm TRS and 1 female 3.5mm TRS jack. Those pins will be pre-configured for S-Bus an Lanc but will be push on not soldered so that in theory you could map any feature you like to the TRS jacks like composite out, PWM, genlock, etc.,?
    100% correct.
    Also probably for special request instead this configuration i can insert two 3.5mm jacks, or two 2.5 mm jacks only, or put 2.5mm jack in upper hole in the box.
    Last edited by shijan; 02-28-2017, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Howie Roll
    replied
    So for clarity the final product will have DC input jack and 1 female 2.5mm TRS and 1 female 3.5mm TRS jack. Those pins will be pre-configured for S-Bus an Lanc but will be push on not soldered so that in theory you could map any feature you like to the TRS jacks like composite out, PWM, genlock, etc.,?

If that's it put me down for one.

Leave a comment:

• Bino
    replied

BTW if someone else potentially interested in this adapter P.M., me, send email of post messages here. This helps me to understand how many copies to produce in first batch and send them all together without delay.
    Gotcha!

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bino View Post
    Cool. I'll support your invention. Keep me posted. I'll be your first customer.

Leave a comment:

• Bino
    replied
    No, that is too long delay. Hope to release it in March. I'll post all current updates and progress in this thread.
    Cool. I'll support your invention. Keep me posted. I'll be your first customer.

Leave a comment:

• shijan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bino View Post
    Family is always first! So April-May?
    No, that is too long delay. Hope to release it in March. I'll post all current updates and progress in this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X