Music video shot on BMPCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music video shot on BMPCC

Let me know what you guys think! Shot with Takina wide and Tamron zooms with speedbooster.

https://youtu.be/RnNb_S4MqWY

That was nice!

I really liked the outdoor scenes. They have a very classic 1960's movie feel to them - which is hard to describe, but you got it!
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
      That was nice!

I really liked the outdoor scenes. They have a very classic 1960's movie feel to them - which is hard to describe, but you got it!
      Thanks Stewart! Glad you liked it. Was really happy how the colours turned out. Of course the lovely bmpcc batteries all failed me, so I had to have the camera hooked up to an external battery as I rode it around on the glidecam. Will have to experiment with rigging the external batter on the cage then balancing.

Comment

Agree with Dane, the exterior shots keep it all together and tie in well to the theme and homage to Amy.

Comment

Really nice footage! THANK YOU for posting a color corrected project. I feel like soooo much BMPCC footage posted is ungraded. At this point I just close the video when I see that. It's like looking at an ungraded positive print. The image is meant to be made to look beautiful but the log profile is so flat before grading....anyway I'm off topic. This looks great! Great work and thank you for sharing! MORE OF THIS!

Comment

footage clean.
            instagram
            my work

Comment

Very nice indeed. Imageee, a very nice grading job, as well as good camera work. Enjoyed it very much, thanks for sharing.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                Really nice footage! I feel like soooo much BMPCC footage posted is ungraded. At this point I just close the video when I see that. It's like looking at an ungraded positive print. The image is meant to be made to look beautiful but the log profile is so flat before grading....!
                I agree 100%. The downside of democratisation of filmmaking and providing RAW to the people is that few ( me included) have the skill to grade their RAW or Log footage.
                https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

Camera
                Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
                Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
                LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
                Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
                Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

Workstation
                Windows 10 Pro
                Resolve 12.5.4.019
                ASUS X99-A
                Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
                16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
                ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
                Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
                Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by federer_express View Post
                  Let me know what you guys think! Shot with Takina wide and Tamron zooms with speedbooster.

https://youtu.be/RnNb_S4MqWY
                  Great work! Hey, this Sony npf battery plate is a steal. There's a chip to get your voltage right and you can use any of those cheap and long lasting npf batteries:
                  http://m.tomtop.com/battery-and-hand...8/p-d3799.html

Comment

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it, having some amazing vocalists helps too! I do have a battery solution, use an anker knockoff. But on the day I was relying on bmpcc batteries to power it during the glidecam which was a huge fail so had to have the anker in my coat jacket plugged in from there. I had to compensate for the torque of the wire twisting the camera away from frame. Everyone is so right about the inportance of grading. The flat look was popularized for a bit but our minds will always be pleasured by the full spectrum of colours so much more.

Comment

Working...
                    X