The Juicebox Magic Power battery is amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomas Stacewicz View Post
    JuiceBox hasn't answered to my quiry as of yet. See posts ##24-26.

However, based on the answers on this thread, I feel safe enough to order one in the foreseeable future.
    I've dealt with Abbott from JuiceBox and he's very helpful, weird how you haven't got any reply yet.

Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
    The Battery Bud is along the same lines as the Remote Audio BDS, in a more compact case. You can have made or get just about any cable configured, including BM's 2.5x5.5 power connector. The both use Hirose connectors on the BDS.
    Cheers
    What cables would I need to use the BMPCC for example? I mean the connection to the Battery Bud are all hirose pins. Is there such thing as hirose to 0.7mm???

Comment

No, you will need the BMCC/BMPCC 5.5/.7mm adapter cable, then the 5.5mm to Hirose connector cable. The JuiceBox comes with a BMPCC adapter cable. I have an extra IndiePro BMPCC adapter cable available, if you are interested.
      Cheers

Comment

No, you will need the BMCC/BMPCC 5.5/.7mm adapter cable, then the 5.5mm to Hirose connector cable. The JuiceBox comes with a BMPCC adapter cable. I have an extra IndiePro BMPCC adapter cable available, if you are interested.
        Cheers
        Would this work?
        http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/717306-REG

Comment

Originally posted by Retrospective View Post
          No. This one: https://smile.amazon.com/Sunwin-Supp...6QDBTDG3SB7713
          Tyler Jordan
          http://www.theartoftylerjordan.com

Photographer - DP - Studio Manager

Comment

Looks like the juice Box + connection items + cables just gets as expensive than other solutions. How about this? They sell this and BMPCC cable combo for about $77 (scroll down the Amazon page).
            https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...120_em_1p_0_ti

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
              Looks like the juice Box + connection items + cables just gets as expensive than other solutions. How about this? They sell this and BMPCC cable combo for about $77 (scroll down the Amazon page).
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...120_em_1p_0_ti
              I have 3 of these batteries. I like them. I get 4.75 hours of BMPCC RAW recorded files on one full charge - with card reformatting done in-camera on battery power. It's a good battery, but the MagicPower is better.

It CAN power 2 devices at once. I often run the 5.5mm 12v output into a BMD camera and the USB power output into a Tascam Audio Recorder. But it seems to really drain the battery disproportionately faster when it has 2 devices drawing power at the same time.
              But if I know the shoot is only going to be 2-hours at the most then I'll use it with confidence. It is nice to just have one battery, two devices, and two cables.
              My external monitors don't run on USB power, or the USB 5v, so I can't speak to how well that would or would not work with this battery.

CONS: It's still a "Phone charger" type product, and as such it will have QC and reliability issues accordingly that the JUICEBOX stuff is not going to give you.
              One of my XTPower batteries did what so many phone-charger batteries do - it ceased holding a decent charge after just a couple months. ...I had to replace that one at my own cost.

Also - the XTPower has cheap internal switching (it's an inexpensive battery) and if you turn the camera off and then turn it back on again - the port feeding the camera might not come on. First you have to check your camera screen closely to make sure if it's getting external power or not, and then if it's not you have to pull that power cable out of the battery and then plug it back in again to re-activate the port.
              That's not too hard t deal with once you know about it - but it's not something you want to forget about.

All these issues do not mean it's a bad product. It just means that if you want a battery that does all this at such a low price - then there will be some compromises to deal with.

But yeah... it's hard to argue with $59.
              Last edited by DPStewart; 01-30-2017, 11:46 PM.
              Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
              Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
              Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

The juicebox is expensive and I put it off for a while....but some products, the first 1 or 2 shoots you use them, the price you were hesitant over suddenly seems very insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                  I get 4.75 hours of BMPCC RAW recorded files on one full charge - with card reformatting done in-camera on battery power.
                  Previously, in post #3 on this thread, you have stated:

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                  7.75 hours of recorded files.
                  Just wanted to check which of these statements that is not in error.
                  https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

Camera
                  Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
                  Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
                  LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
                  Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
                  Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

Workstation
                  Windows 10 Pro
                  Resolve 12.5.4.019
                  ASUS X99-A
                  Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
                  16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
                  ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
                  Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
                  Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

He's talking about a different battery when he mentions 4.75 hours.

The juicebox is indeed 7+ hours.

Comment

Originally posted by dbp View Post
                      He's talking about a different battery when he mentions 4.75 hours.

The juicebox is indeed 7+ hours.
                      My bad. Sorry for the confusion.

Camera

Workstation
                      Windows 10 Pro
                      Resolve 12.5.4.019
                      ASUS X99-A
                      Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by Graphicnatured View Post
                        Right but don't you need a Hirose cable first to connect to the Batttery Bud???

Comment

Yes, yes you do. To get from themPocket .7 to the larger 5.5 on the Hirose cables, you need a short adapter cable,like the ines that come with the Wooden Camera Pocket cage power cable lock kit. A femal 5.5 to a male .7mm. You should have yiurmPocket camera in a cage, with HDMI and Power cable locking system, to keem these ports from breaking on the Pocket camera.
                          Cheers

Comment

Yes, yes you do. To get from themPocket .7 to the larger 5.5 on the Hirose cables, you need a short adapter cable,like the ines that come with the Wooden Camera Pocket cage power cable lock kit. A femal 5.5 to a male .7mm. You should have yiurmPocket camera in a cage, with HDMI and Power cable locking system, to keem these ports from breaking on the Pocket camera.
                            Cheers
                            So Battery Bud -> Hirose to 5.5mm.

Would something like this work?
                            http://www.reddingaudio.com/cable-te...bles.php#BB241
                            or
                            http://www.reddingaudio.com/cable-te...bles.php#BB242

Im asking since these cables seems to be made for a specific device.

Comment

Juicebox! This battery is great. I bought mine refurbed from Juicebox Direct for $79. Looked new when it showed up.
                              i-29RWzWf-M.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Zortose View Post
                                Juicebox! This battery is great. I bought mine refurbed from Juicebox Direct for $79. Looked new when it showed up.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]22847[/ATTACH]
                                Oh, the Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip and shoulder brace! Me like (and have one too).

Could you provide some more pictures and descriptions on how you have rigged up the K-3 stuff to your cage? You seem to use some kind of baseplate attached to the 3/8" screw of the grip. Which one? And the rest?

Thank you.

Camera

Workstation
                                Windows 10 Pro
                                Resolve 12.5.4.019
                                ASUS X99-A
                                Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Working...