Mini 4.6k FW 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini 4.6k FW 4.2

Anyone noticed improvement. If so what has improved, is it just crosshatch or other improvement such as vertical FPN?

Is it better to let the camera powered on for awhile before performing black calibration?
    Should I set the camera at a particular ISO?

Black balance, haven't tried yet

Comment

Hopefully this trickles down to the other cameras

Comment

Is it safe to turn "Detail" on is that still a no no?

Comment

This is great! Finally.

Did blackshading 10min after boot-up. Does it work similar as RED?
          Last edited by Unknown; 12-22-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
            Is it safe to turn "Detail" on is that still a no no?
            Detail is for when the camera is connected to an ATEM switch in a broadcast environment. It's not intended to be used for normal shooting. This is explained in the manual.
            Adam Roberts
            www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
              Anyone noticed improvement. If so what has improved, is it just crosshatch or other improvement such as vertical FPN?

Is it better to let the camera powered on for awhile before performing black calibration?
              Should I set the camera at a particular ISO?
              It does not address FPD. It's main point is to address the raised blue channel that some cameras are showing. This will give you cleaner more balanced shadows. It also tries to address the cross hatching some people are getting in their cameras when the footage is not scaled.

It's a pretty solid update and the black shading process is super quick.
              Adam Roberts
              www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Cross hatch no longer appear on Resolve preview with 4k or 4.6k resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post
                  Detail is for when the camera is connected to an ATEM switch in a broadcast environment. It's not intended to be used for normal shooting. This is explained in the manual.
                  I know the purpose of "Detail" option but I find it particularly useful for focusing while filming without the need of peaking.
                  Previousely crosshatching was partly blamed on the Detail being switched on. Now with the FW 4.2 which supppose to have fixed crosshatching would having Detail on reinstate crosshatching?
                  Last edited by Taikonaut; 12-21-2016, 04:48 AM.

Comment

When is it recommended to do a black shade?
                    Darren Scott
                    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Just tested with Detail set to default. I have not seen any increase in crosshatch.

Comment

I'm wondering this too

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                        When is it recommended to do a black shade?

Comment

I would Black shade if your ambient temperature changes more than 15 degrees Fahrenheit over the course of your shoot or between your current shoot and previous shoot. Up or down. I'd also let the camera warm up for at least 15-20min before blackshading.

I don't work for BM obviously but this seems like generally good practice.

I'd also do it for high speed work - 60Fps or higher... not sure if it cals all speeds with one blackshade, but generally if you are doing more than 2x standard frame rate it can't hurt (i.e. 48, 60, 120) if 24 timebase.
                          Dan Kanes
                          www.dankanes.com

Comment

Some RED operators black shade their camera every time they turn it on.

Comment

At ISO 1600 perform black shading has less noticeable FPN at that setting than black shading at ISO 800 and increase to ISO 1600. Looks like this calibration might be needed everytime the ISO is changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X